Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Inability to Modify Component Options

1 year 6 months ago #26566 by trlbldr
When I attempt to change a CE Pro option (such as shown in the attached screen shot), this error is returned:

"The form cannot be submitted as it's missing required data.
Please correct the marked fields and try again."

Most options were, of course, first implemented when I installed CE Pro some years ago.
Thank you for your support and suggestions.
Sincerely,
Don White

Don White
Sr. Technical Communicator
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #26569 by support
Dear Don,

I'm having a hard time understanding why this is happening.

The Component Configuration is built by Joomla Framework using instructions from an XML file. This message should only be displayed if a required field is not set. However, there are no required fields in the Contact Enhanced Component options;

Does that message happen to all Components as well? Can you try to save the Options for other components for testing purposes? There's no need to change anything before saving, so saving the options will not change anything.

Best regards,

1 year 6 months ago #26570 by trlbldr
Doug,

I've tested three other extensions as you suggest, but none returned any error; only the notice that the change was successful.
It's a mystery.
Thanks!

Don

Don White

1 year 6 months ago #26571 by support
Dear Don,

Can you provide Super-administrator access to your site, so I can navigate through all tabs and check the source code to see if I can spot anything that might be causing this issue? If so, you can just reply to this forum post notification email with the credentials. I'm very careful, but for security reasons please confirm you have a recent full backup when you send the credentials.

Best regards,

1 year 6 months ago #26572 by trlbldr
Douglas,

I cannot give super admin access to anyone who is not an active duty or retired U.S. Navy cryptologic veteran and who has not been authorized such access by our Executive Director. That's the rule and I follow it. I understand your point and I certainly trust you, but that's the rule.

Don

Don White

1 year 6 months ago #26573 by support
I understand.

Can you check all fields under all tabs to see if there's any field with a red label indicating an invalid field?

Best regards,

1 year 6 months ago #26574 by trlbldr
Douglas, there are no red labels or markers under any item in any of the CE Options.
I'm frustrated by the fact that, if I attempt to modify ANY option element, the component returns the "The form cannot be submitted as it's missing required data. Please correct the marked fields and try again." error despite the fact that no form is involved.
Another item that I think I had pointed out before, but...
When I open and want to use Reply to a form that has been sent through CE Pro and click the link to add a CC or BCC address, nothing happens. With the Joomla 3 versions, there was a field in which to enter CC or BCC addresses. separated by a comma. The Joomla 4 versions don't have this.

Don White

1 year 6 months ago #26575 by support
Dear Don,

1. I understand your frustration, but I'm having a really hard time trying to reproduce this issue locally.

1.1 The only way I can think of to try to reproduce this issue will require a bit of work on your part and I'm not even sure you are allowed to do it. Are you allowed to create a copy of your site (using Akeeba Backup for instance), remove your template, all articles, and sensitive content (all other components and even Contact Enhanced contacts if required), then send the backup to me?
I understand if you are not allowed to do that either.

1.2 If you can't do that, what I suggest is to perform a series of trial-and-error tests by removing the options from component options and then add each tab (fieldset) at a time until we find which field is causing this problem.
a) create a backup of the #__extensions table, but we only really need the params column for the Contact Enhanced component. This is just to create a backup of the current saved configuration, so we can restore it later and avoid losing your Contact Enhanced settings.
SELECT * FROM `#__extensions` WHERE element = 'com_contactenhanced'
b) Create a backup of /administrator/components/com_contactenhanced/config.xml
c) remove all <fieldset> tags and children elements from the config.xml file, except the last fieldset tag.
d) reload the Component Options page and try to save it again. If it works we'll know the problem is related to one of the other options.
e) In this case, add each <fieldset> one by one and repeat step (d) until it stops working. When it stops we'll now have to find out which field is causing this error.

Option 1.1 is the easier one for you. Option 1.2 requires a little bit of XML knowledge, but it's doable.

# CC and BCC fields in the Recorded Messages
2. These fields display correctly for me. See screenshot . Is there any error in the browser's console?

Best wishes,