Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Mail link to contact not working

6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #27072 by retoturnverein
I like to add a mail link in an article. In the editor I klick on the Contact Enhanced button, search for the desired contact and add it. The link that it creates does not work, viewing the article in the frontend. It's in the format: "index.php?option=com_contactenhanced&view=contact&id=123&catid=456" And in the frontend it's " webseite.com " without the rest.
If I use the link tool to search for an address it does not display any. See attached file.

Any iedas?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 2 weeks ago #27073 by support
Dear Reto,

Well, the link seems to be a correct internal link.

I'm not familiar with the Link manager you are using. Does it work with Joomla core Content Editor and the Contact Enhanced Editor Button?

Which Joomla and CE versions are you using?

Best regards,

6 months 2 weeks ago #27074 by retoturnverein
Hi Douglas

I use CE 4.3.14.pro and Joomla 4.3.4

I want to generate a link beside a photo that opens a mail form, that's all.

To add a link I use the JCE editor and there either the CE button or link manager button from the menu. It creates an internal link to the desired contact yes, but after saveing it it's not valid in the front end. There it says only " www.page.com/ " without the trailing former generated internal link!

I cannot overwrite the generated link to add " www.page.com " before the link, after saving it's gone again.

Best regards,
Reto

6 months 2 weeks ago #27075 by support
Dear Reto,

I've been trying to reproduce this issue and thinking about what could be the cause. However, if the link is created correctly and the problem is after saving, it's the same as editing the link manually and the problem is not really caused by the editor button plugin.

Have you tried to use another editor for testing purposes?
Do you have any other content or system plugin that might change the content?

Best regards,

6 months 1 week ago #27078 by retoturnverein
Hi Douglas

Strange things happen in the background. If I select the contact in the article, the link looks like that:
index.php?option=com_contactenhanced&view=contact&id=123&catid=456

If I'm logged in the frontend with my user id, the link looks like that:
www.abc.ch/kontakte-verbergen/456-tur/123-reto-griesser

If I'm not logged in, the link looks like that:
www.abc.ch/

So that means if I'm logged in in the front end, everything is working as expected. But not as an anonymous user.
Wondering what must be done to get that working again.

Regards,
Reto

6 months 1 week ago #27086 by support
Dear Reto,

While I'm not entirely certain about the cause of the problem, I believe it may not be directly related to Contact Enhanced.

To assist you further, I kindly request that you create a full backup of your website and provide me with super administrator access. This will enable me to investigate the issue more thoroughly and offer you the appropriate support. Please feel free to send me an email using the Support > Contact form or simply reply to this Forum post notification email.

I appreciate your cooperation, and I'm committed to resolving this matter for you. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Best regards,

6 months 1 week ago #27095 by support
Dear Reto,

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. While I'm uncertain why your site wasn't adding the correct link, I was able to resolve the issue by adding a forward slash at the beginning of the address. This adjustment has successfully ensured that the correct link is now being displayed.

If you require any additional assistance or have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here to help.

Best regards,

6 months 1 week ago #27100 by retoturnverein
Hi Douglas,

I have to insist that the plugin has a bug for several reasons. See the various printscreens in the attachment.

A) Whatever I choose, "Link" or "Short Code" with different options, it always generates the same kind of link with the missing frontslash. Selected options are not taken into account.

B) When opening the link, the form does not open on the existing page, instead it jumps back to the master page.

C) After clicking on Submit form, the form blocks "Submitting form, please wait..." but nothing happens.

D) If I use the Link Manager as an alternative, no contacts are displayed when I open "Contact Enhanced Contact".

Thank you for restoring this functionality as it worked for Joomla 3
Reto

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

6 months 1 week ago #27103 by support
Dear Reto,

Thank you for reaching out to us with the issues you are experiencing.
As far as I can see, there are two different problems here.

1. Link to contact form:
The link to the contact form should ideally work without the leading forward slash. It's worth noting that this is not a Contact Enhanced error, as Joomla follows the standard practice of creating internal links without the forward slash. However, to quickly resolve the issue, adding the forward slash temporarily may provide a workaround. We recommend investigating your site's configuration to determine why the forward slash is necessary.

2. Form not submitting:
Upon investigating the form submission, I identified a couple of issues that may be causing the problem:

a. Code-related issue: The code is generating a deprecated message that wasn't properly addressed in the DNS check for email addresses. To assist you with this, I will send you a fix via email in a few minutes. Additionally, I'm currently working on a new release that includes this fix. It should be available within the next couple of days.

b. Security configuration: The second issue appears to be related to the security settings. Please navigate to the Contact Enhanced Component Options and access the Security section. You have two options to address this: either disable the Minimum time for form submissions by setting it to 0 or decrease the minimum time if the current value seems excessively high.

I hope these solutions help resolve the issues you are facing. If you require further assistance or have any additional questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

6 months 1 week ago #27104 by retoturnverein
Hi Douglas,

1. Link to contact form:
Still wondering why the form opens on the root of the page (jumps to tvseen.ch/) and NOT on the current page where the link of the form is. How can this be defined?

2. Form not submitting:
first I updated from 4.3.19 to 4.3.19.2 then copied the file you provided.

I played with the following parameters in the Security tab: Honeypot, DNS check, Minimum Time, Captcha but non of them changed the behaviour in the front end mail form. But the mails get delivered now, even the buttom still says "Submitting form, please wait..."

Regards,
Reto

6 months 4 days ago #27109 by support
Dear Reto,

Regarding the first issue, please be informed that Contact Enhanced does not alter the links within articles. However, I have manually created a link to a Contact using the following code:
<a href="index.php?option=com_contactenhanced&amp;view=contact&amp;id=894">
It appears that something is altering this link and changing it to:
<a href="/">
At this time, I can assure you that Contact Enhanced is not responsible for modifying this link. We recommend examining other factors or extensions that might be affecting the link behavior.

Regarding the second issue, it seems that the new Ajax feature is not functioning correctly on your site. To investigate and identify the cause of this issue, I will need additional time. In the meantime, I have temporarily disabled the Ajax feature to ensure uninterrupted functionality on your site.

If you have any further information or any additional concerns related to these issues, please do not hesitate to share them. We are committed to resolving these matters and providing you with the best possible support.

Thank you for your understanding and patience while we address these issues.

Have a blessed weekend.

Best regards,

6 months 1 day ago #27113 by retoturnverein
Hi Douglas

I still daubt that the button plugin works as it should. To not take care of the form position on the page I want to create a "Modal Window" but the code does not get generated. See attachment. (why are *.pdf files not allowed)

Question, how would a working link look like?

Regards,
Reto

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.