Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

An error occurred and the email was NOT sent.

4 months 1 day ago - 4 months 1 day ago #27191 by yosh
Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading my site to Joomla 4 and CE to 5.0.3. I'm done migrating the forms and custom fields and everything is looking good on the site, but the form cannot be submitted. The only error I get is "An error occurred and the email was NOT sent."

In the backend, a new "recorded message" record is created but completely blank, no fields at all (see attachment).

CE is configured to use the mail configuration from the global settings, and there it is configured to use the PHP mailer. Test emails are sent correctly from the global settings test email function.

I can't find any error logs in the Joomla error logs nor with Joomla debug mode enabled. I also enabled CE debug mode but I don't get any email (potentially the same root cause).

You can test the form here .
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 1 day ago #27193 by support
Hi Yosh,

It seems there are two distinct issues at play:

1. Regarding the error message: Have you enabled the Custom Reply option under the Form Tab in the Component Options? If so, try disabling it as it is considered an advanced feature.

2. Ensure that you have configured the Email templates correctly.

Feel free to reach out if you need further clarification or assistance.

Best regards,

4 months 1 day ago - 4 months 1 day ago #27195 by yosh
Thanks for your quick answer:

1) No, it's disabled.
2) This is what my templates configuration looks like in the component settings, I haven't changed it after the upgrade:

Does it look alright? I guess the placeholders should get replaced by the default templates?
Attachments:

4 months 1 day ago #27199 by support
Then disable the Custom Reply option under the Form Tab in the Component Options. This is meant only for very advanced users who create their own plugin to manage the form submission and replies.

4 months 1 day ago #27200 by yosh
Huh? I already said it's not enabled:

Attachments:

4 months 1 day ago #27202 by support
Dear Yosh,

I'm sorry to misread your reply. A sick 8-month-old baby at home and lack of sleep do these things.

Can you enable system debug and set error reporting to the maximum in Joomla Global configuration and submit the form again? Sometimes you might get a more detailed error message.

Is the

4 months 21 hours ago #27207 by yosh
Hi Douglas,

I've done that but unfortunately no new error, also no new error logs. This is all I still get:

Attachments:

3 months 4 weeks ago #27213 by yosh
Just wanted to provide an update here. The support has been awesome and resolved this issue, apparently due to 2 things:
1. Something missing in the upgrade script from the J3 version of the component regarding HTML templates.
2. An issue with the PHP mail function, probably specific to my hosting provider. Switching to SMTP in the Joomla global configuration solved that issue.

3 months 4 weeks ago #27214 by yosh
I have one last question: where can I translated (what's the translation key?) of that error in my last screenshot? I can't seem to find the string in the com_contactenhanced.ini language file.

3 months 3 weeks ago #27231 by support
Dear Yosh,

I just confirmed that this error is not translated. I guess I didn't add it to the language file because it's not supposed to be shown in production. It should be translated either way. I'll create a translation string for it and will send you a new version on Sunday or Monday.

Have a blessed weekend.