Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Thumbnails sorting setting for Category

2 months 2 weeks ago #27293 by rohuezo
Hi Douglas,

I was able to use all the tips and installation files you gave me for the last issue I had with Thumbnail support on the latest contact enhanced. I been using it and it covers around 99% of my needs. One special thing it is missing is the possibility of setting the sorting field to use for the category. On Joomla 3 you gave us a bunch of sorting fields:

On the installation version you provided me, it allows me to keep using thumbnails but the sorting is missing. Which gives me on the front end such displays as, the "boss" is the last one on the list ;-) . On the screenshot example the guy with the green star should take the place of the guy with the yellow star:

On Joomla 3 I accomplished that by sorting on "Alias"

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts!

Regards,
Roberto Huezo
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago #27342 by rohuezo
Hi Douglas,

did you have a chance to look at this issue? Thanx in advanced...

Regards,
Roberto

1 month 3 weeks ago #27343 by support
Dear Roberto,

I'm sorry for taking so long to reply to you. For some reason, I didn't reply right away and I forgot about it.

I'll start working on it in about one hour.

Best regards,

1 month 3 weeks ago #27345 by support
Dear Roberto,

The Contact Enhanced package for J4 and J5 contained this setting but in a different place with fewer options.
Check it under the List Layout tab. See screenshot .
I've added more options and the option to set the Sort Order (direction) and I'll send it to your email in a couple of minutes. These changes will also be included in the next version.

Best regards,

1 month 3 weeks ago #27349 by rohuezo
Hi Douglas,

like always thanx a lot for the great and fast support! Looking forward to trying it out :-)

Regards,
Roberto

1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #27350 by rohuezo
It works! Thank you very much...

Only one issue during the installation I got an empty red-banner, but it was installed and works!

Regards,
Roberto