Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Contact Enhanced: More Info, please!

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #165 by EquiProMOO
I'm very happy with my MooFAQ purchase. I am a person who tends to stick with something that works well, and to add other items from that same source. I'm just finishing up with my first Joomla-based site:

perfectworldluggage.com

I just have the FAQs to finish, then a few details. I then have between 2-4 more sites to put up, related to this site.

So, my question:

I know that I am going to want to do mail marketing with my sites, and I have been looking at all options (and STILL haven't made a decision, thank you very much). One issue is how to best handle people who come to the site as far as getting their info, if possible and managing those contacts.

Many of the mail/ contact managers, such as iContact, Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc., that I have looked at seem to integrate this function very well, then I came across your Contact Enhanced component.

Truthfully, because I am inexperienced with all of this, I'm not sure whether I would need Contact Enhanced or not, and I'm just not getting enough info from the site and the forums. Also, I noticed on your forums for this component that you're coming out with an enhanced version of this soon?

Please, more info on this would be appreciated. If I could make and send emails directly from my site (with opt-ins, etc.) rather than having to use an outside source, that would be great. I don't expect to have a huge mailing list right off of the bat. But I'm not sure what that has to do with Contact Enhanced anyway.

How would a person get people to register? How does Contact Enhanced help me besides offering me more fields for people to fill in? Does Contact Enhanced somehow help me do email marketing from my site, rather than using an outside source like those mentioned above? Does Contact Enhanced work better with one of these outside emailing programs better than others?

I'm finding this final piece of my website puzzle to be quite difficult to sort out, and I'm really not sure which way to go.

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

I dreamt last night,
Oh marvelous error,
That there were honeybees in my heart,
Making honey out of my old failures.

- Antonio Machado, poet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #166 by douglas
Dear EquiPro,

Contact Enhanced is not an Email Marketing Software or newsletter extension. For my [link=http://pib7joinville.com.br]church website[/link], for example, I use Acajoom Pro in order to have this functionality. It is a bit pricey, but a very good extension as well.

I plan to make Contact Enhanced a full feature contact component. The next version will be able to record in the database the sender's name and email address for future contact possibilities (it will not have any newsletter features just yet).

All these features take time to develop and will be implemented accordingly to user requests.

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #167 by EquiProMOO
Thanks. OK - so I sort of understand what Contact Enhanced is...sort of. But I'm not REALLY understanding it. Sorry if I'm not clear. What are the benefits of Contact Enhanced and why would someone use it? Do you use it to BUILD your contact list?

I'm sorry to be obtuse, but I'm just not quite getting it. Why would I use Contact Enhanced (or a similar product), and what is it doing for me? Please, more info...

ALSO, I just looked over Acajoom PRO, and it looks like it might work for me (IF it's not too hard for a rank beginner to use - I'll have to dig further on that). How would Contact Enhanced help and/ or integrate with Acajoom PRO?

Thanks for your patience...!

I dreamt last night,
Oh marvelous error,

- Antonio Machado, poet

14 years 11 months ago #168 by douglas
What Contact Enhanced is and it's advantages:
- An advanced contact form;
- Your users use Contact Enhanced in order to contact you.
- You can ask common questions to your users at the first contact, through custom fields; There are people who use it for a "Request Quote" form; In my support page I use to ask a few question, take a look: ideal.fok.com.br/contact/support-center.html
- It adds a CAPTCHA image to avoid Spammers. (also, if I were you I'd remove your email from your first post, there are robots that capture emails to use in spammers mailing list).

Before placing a order you might want to take a look at our documentation page also;

I hope I answered your questions;

ALSO, about the Acajoom, I'm not associated with Joobi in any way and there is no CE -> Acajoom integration, however you just gave me an idea. I'll study a way to implement that. Acajoom might be trick to configure. I had a problem to set up the schedule newsletters myself. I had to ask for the developers help a few times. Their documentation is very broad, so if you read it you should be fine.

I'm here to help. If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask;

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #169 by EquiProMOO
Ah....OK...I think that I've got it now. Your site sample helped. I think that CE is something I might want to add later. Best to get the basics done first. Most of my customers would probably call me on my toll-free as a first option anyway.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to give Acajoom a try!

I dreamt last night,
Oh marvelous error,

- Antonio Machado, poet