Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Adding google map ?

14 years 4 months ago #1680 by dotcom22
Hi Douglas

I would like add a Google Map to my contact form and I don't see how I can do.. The best solution would be to do by adding the code (Google Map Iframe and not the code that require API key) inside a dedicated field at bottom of form...

Do you plan to add in near future a kind of feature like that ?

I have try to add the iframe code inside the WYSIWYG editor of sidebar but the iframe tag are removed I don't know why... I have set correctly he parameter about Filter groups...

Anyway by admitting I am able to add the code inside sidebar the size of map will be probably to much bigger and will be not well displayed....Adding the map at bottom is better...

For sure I can always create a custom module and include the code inside but I prefer if it was possible to add the map directly inside the contact form..

thank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #1687 by douglas
Greetings,

I can add this feature to future releases, but in the meanwhile you can add to the side panel (in the edit Contact view) as a plugin. There are many plugins at JED that use Google Maps API.

Regards,

14 years 4 months ago #1688 by dotcom22
that's the problem I would like add a Map using the Iframe tag of Google and not use API.

Using API require to subscribe to the service (again a subscription) and this method provide naturally more options but not really necessary... And like I say adding a MAP in sidebar will take a lot place in wight and make a bad display (except if I set a small map size like 150x150 pixel but this is not the goal because users will not see nothing). Sidebar can be aligned to left or right but not at bottom...

Anyway I will wait a future release. I think if you add a simple text field (where the result will displayed at bottom form) where we can paste the Iframe Map code is quite enough..

thank

14 years 4 months ago #1689 by douglas
Google Maps API subscription is very easy and simple.

You can accomplish that using the Free text custom field; However it will display "inside" the form and not after it.

Regards,

14 years 4 months ago #1690 by dotcom22

Google Maps API subscription is very easy and simple.

Yes sure I know but this Map feature is not for me is for my Admin users (on many joomla install).. I like keep the thing simple and I prefer tell to they:

If you want include a Google Map inside your Contact form just copy/paste the desired iframe code in the field below....

instead tell:

For get a simple Map you must first subscribe to Google services and get API key + manage a dedicated Google Map plugin for finally add the Map in your form.... This process is quite annoying just for add a Map...

My users are total newbie so I prefer avoid they must make many thing for get a result if is possible to find a more simple and quick solution...

14 years 4 months ago #1691 by douglas
With the Free Text custom field you can just copy and past the IFRAME into the Value box.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll keep that in mind.

14 years 4 months ago #1692 by dotcom22
Just tested and yes this is a solution...but unfortunately not ideal... Adding the Map inside the form (that mean before the Send form button) is quite confusing...

I would like test to include the Map in the sidebar but like I say in this post the Iframe tag are removed...Any idea why ? If it was possible to add any code we want in sidebar and choose sidebar alignment to bottom everything will fine I think...Like that you don't need to add something about Map and your users will get more flexibility with sidebar and use it like they want...

14 years 1 month ago #2382 by douglas
Dear dotcom22,

I know you mentioned that the Google Maps API was not ideal for you, however I've just released (March 15th) a new version that has this option built-in;

Check it out! ;-)

Best regards,

14 years 1 month ago #2384 by dotcom22
hi Douglas

Yes I see your new release..Many thank for adding Google Map even if is with API... :-)

Personally I don't have nothing against the fact to use API for add a Map...Is a more powerful and flexible solution..But in general I prefer use solution who not require to create account and manage stuff on third-party website.. It was also for keep the thing more simple for my end Admin users...Anyway with your release my users will have now the choice..that great..

all the best

cheers