Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CLASS in...

14 years 3 months ago #1879 by timb
plugins/content/captcha.php on line 204

Hi
I have just installed today. Once the image captcha is enabled I get the above error message for each page of my site.

disabling seems to correct things.

This is with default installation settings for the plugin and if I change to the math.

thanks for any clues
timb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #1882 by douglas
Dear Timb,

That's very odd because there is no line 204 in that file;

I'm not sure what's happening. Can you please try to uninstall and install it again?

Regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1892 by timb
Today I have
moved to a different workstation.
Tested the reported behavior - definitely with captcha turned on the site only outputs the error message.
I removed the captcha installation
downloaded it fresh
installed
same behavior.

This is joomla 1.5.15 using a yootheme blueprint.

14 years 3 months ago #1897 by douglas
Dear Timb,

Can you provide a FTP account so I can take a look?

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1927 by rafting
I got the same fault message when activating the plugin.
How can it be solved?

14 years 3 months ago #1933 by douglas
Dear Rafting,

Can you provide a FTP account so I can take a look?

Timb,
Did I solve this for you? I don't remember if you provided a FTP account.

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1935 by rafting
No you dont have the FTP account. I thought you solved this problem already since other is asking for the same. I am using Joomla 1.5.15/ Firefox latest edition. It is not my own site and I must have permissions for giving the ftp accounts data to others.

14 years 3 months ago #1939 by douglas
Dear Terje,

I didn't fix to the other customer because I cannot replicate this same error in my test base;
If you can get this FTP account I can try to fix it;

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1942 by timb
Been a bit slow responding

Sorry I cant give you ftp access - the installation is on a server not exposed to the internet, whilst I work the site up.

If there's anything I can capture - logs etc - let me know - glad to help.

timb

14 years 3 months ago #1943 by rafting
I am to busy right now with other design things, but I think I will fix the captcha thing later.

Terje
www.lusterpaintball.no
www.skjoldenrafting.no

14 years 3 months ago #1945 by douglas
Ok.

Please let me know when you can provide a FTP account so I can test it.

Kind regards,

14 years 2 months ago #2229 by fleetclean
Hi there

I've recently bought contact enhance with captcha and the same problem occurs whenever I enable the content captcha component:-

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CLASS in /share/storage/01/fl/fleetclean/plugins/content/captcha.php on line 204

I have uninstalled the component and re-installed and it hasnt worked. I then
unistalled the component again and re-installed it with the new 1.5.7 RC beta version and it still doesnt work.

I was wondering if you have figured out what the problem was from the above posts asking for help?

Is it relevent that our php is 4.3.10?

Thanks!