Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Email NOT forwarding

14 years 1 month ago #2387 by ioankarlo
Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem. All the messages are being kept in the Recorded Messages in Joomla, but they are not being forward to my email account.

What's more strange, only the emails that ARE being forwarded to my inbox are the test emails I send from the website using the same email address that it's already going to.

Any ideas? I'm clueless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #2390 by douglas
Dear Carlos,

Which Web hosting are you using? Some users had a similar problem with GoDaddy and had to use SMTP, because the mail server only sent emails when the sender was a user in the same domain;

Can you try to set your Mail Settings to use SMTP?

Kind regards,

14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #2392 by ioankarlo
Hi Douglas,

I'm using Yahoo! as my Web hosting. I tried to do something with my SMTP settings, but for some reason I cannot change/access them.

These are the settings as of now:

Your Business Email Server Settings
Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.bizmail.yahoo.com
Use SSL, port: 995
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com
Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

14 years 1 month ago #2394 by douglas
Dear Carlos,

First of all I suggest you to remove your email address from the post above in order to avoid spammers;

I believe that I was not clear enough. You have to add this information to Joomla Global Configuration, under the Server tab. All Joomla Super Administrators have access to that page.

Kind regards,

14 years 1 month ago #2418 by ioankarlo
My brother who is a website designer and knows Joomla very well says that Yahoo and Joomla are difficult to configure when it comes to emails. He says he got one of his websites to work by installing some sort of plugin but he cannot remember which one.

Since yesterday I have tried every possible solution entering all sorts of different information on the Server Tab of Joomla, including what Yahoo tells me to enter as far as SMTP configurations.

Do you have any idea what kind of plugin I can install or any other way around this problem?

I really appreciate your help, Douglas!

14 years 1 month ago #2419 by douglas
Dear Carlos,

I've had some problems with GoDaddy in the past, but I've never dealt with Yahoo, so I searched on Joomla forum and found this:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2047167#p2047167

It might solve your issue;

Kind regards