Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Position Google Map to beside the contact details?

13 years 10 months ago #2992 by tonyt
Just purchased, installed and got working your component in 45 minutes flat - Love it !!! The video's were actually useful too :)

QUESTION: I'd like to have the Google Map for the contact located in the top right of the contact page - positioned to the right of the contact name/address text. I have plenty of width on the page, and would prefer to get everything on one page rather than having to scroll down a long way to see the map and email fields.

Appreciate any guidence to how best this could be achieved.

Thanks for the great component !

Rgds
Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #2994 by douglas
Dear Tony,

Right now there is no way, but I'll keep that in mind for the next version.

For now you can add it to the sidebar.

Best regards,

13 years 10 months ago #2997 by tonyt
Just to confirm, you mean as a GoogleMap via a seperate GoogleMap plugin to the contact details sidebar area?

.... can do. but it would be sweet if you can make this a tweak/option in a future version.

Cheers,
Tony

13 years 10 months ago #2999 by douglas
Dear Tony,

I'm sorry I wasn't very clear.

No, I actually mean to go to Contact Enhanced -> Configuration, click on the Parameters button and set the Show Map parameter to Inside the Sidebar.

Kind regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3001 by tonyt
Ahhh...! Thanks - just put the map in the sidebar set to 50%. .....Almost what I was after.
Once I resized the height & width it kind of works, but is still lower than I'd like.
- up the top RHS of the page would be perfect in a future if possible. B)

Thanks for the quick responses to my two posts !

Tony