Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Not working with joomla build in SEF url

13 years 10 months ago #3061 by kongen
I cant get it to work with the build in joomla build in sef. If i turn it off everything works fine. Can this be right? I mean I want SEF url, is there a setting somewhere?.

If SEF is on and I create a new menu item and select the component also nothing? but turn off the sef and it works :-( pls help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #3062 by douglas
Dear Kongen,

It works with Joomla default SEF, in fact that's how I use on this site and on the demo site.

There is no special setting.

I don't think it is has anything to do with the versions installed, but I always advise to keep Joomla and Contact Enhanced updated.

Can you provide a link so I can take a look at it?

Best regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3063 by kongen
Hmmm.... thats odd. I have 1.5.18 so everything is the newest. Sorry dont want to provide a link. Hmm anyway I will figure it out.........hopefully. Perhaps a conflict with another component. Anyways, great form btw nice work.

Regards

13 years 10 months ago #3064 by kongen
OK, found out part of the problem but i dont know how to solve it.

If I make a new menu item and select contact enhanced. it will then give me a 404 with sef on, if I turn off sef it works.

NOW. If i leave sef on then my url is ......da/kontakt ,(my site is deafult danish and I have joomfish), and it willl show a 404. If I change the url manually to en/kontakt it works!!!!!!!!

Now that is a problem, that probally could be replicated! How to solve this ??

Regards

13 years 10 months ago #3065 by kongen
OK. The problem is that contact enhanced can NOT be in 2 different menus with the same menu name. each of the people on the site have their own menu with their own contact form.....however if i call it contact more than ONCE things dont work out. I must name it ex. contact person1, contact person 2 etc. even it is in different menus..... Will there perhaps be a fix for this.

Regards

13 years 10 months ago #3066 by douglas
Dear Kongen,

The easiest and fastest fix would be to leave the same menu name and change the Alias.

Can you do that?

Best regards,

13 years 10 months ago #3069 by kongen
Fantastic :-) that solved the issue :-)

Thanks

13 years 10 months ago #3070 by douglas
Dear Kongen,

I'm glad to know that.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,