Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

[SOLVED]Major problem with reply-email address. Please help!

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3172 by ranja
Hi

We are very pleased with our Contact Enhanced 1.5.4 form. However, we do have a problem with the e-mail addresses...

Our problem:
When a customer sends a form, the form goes to the booking service as expected. However, if the customer choose "Send a copy to me", then the e-mail is not the booking e-mail address but the webmaster's private one (meaning mine, and I don't work for this company). This is a major problem, as if the customer feels to reply, then their reply comes to me and not the company's booking service!

Initially, when installing, the Joomla! site's Global Mail settings had my private e-mail address. When we discovered the problem, I changed it to the booking e-mail adress. But the problem still exist!?

Edit 1: I thought maybe the problem was in JoomFish translation, but it was not. So, the problem still exist...

Edit 2: The webpage is www.businesscar.no

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #3173 by douglas
Dear Ranja,

Wow, you are using a very old version.
The Copy of the email currently is sent from the system email. I'll make this change to the development version.

You can easily change that behavior following these steps:
Open [Joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/controller.php
Find this line:
$mail->setSender( array( $MailFrom, $FromName ) );
Change for this one:
$mail->setSender( array( $contact->email_to, $FromName ) );

Please do let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3174 by ranja
douglas wrote:

Dear Ranja,

Wow, you are using a very old version.
The Copy of the email currently is sent from the system email. I'll make this change to the development version.

You can easily change that behavior following these steps:
Open [Joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/controller.php
Find this line:

$mail->setSender( array( $MailFrom, $FromName ) );
Change for this one:
$mail->setSender( array( $contact->email_to, $FromName ) );

Please do let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

Hi

It is one year since I created that homepage ;-)

The system email used to be mypersonaladdress@gmail.com But this was changed a long time ago to booking@somewhere.no everywhere, in Global settings, in user settings for system administrator, in Contact Enhanced etc. My personal gmail address is no longer within the system at all, so I don't understand where the Contact Enhanced component get the email address from? It's an enigma...

However, I will try to do what you suggested, and see if it changes then :-) I'll give you a reply afterwards.

Thanks!
- R.

13 years 9 months ago #3175 by douglas
Dear Ranja,

This will change the sender (from) email address in the copy message sent to the user. It will get the email from the Contact information.

Best regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3176 by ranja
douglas wrote:

Dear Ranja,

This will change the sender (from) email address in the copy message sent to the user. It will get the email from the Contact information.

Best regards,

Yes, that I did understand. And it works perfectly.

I just don't understand how and where $MailFrom gets my private e-mail address as it's no longer in the system. It was, when I created the Contact Enhanced form, but as said, the e-mail addresses all over the system where changed to the same e-mail address that $contact->email_to reads. My privet e-mail address is no where in the system. Nowhere!? So why hasn't $MailFrom updated it's info into the changed one?

It works now, with the new coding, so thank you! :)
- R!