Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Problem with email validation

13 years 9 months ago #3209 by Rubí
These is kind of urgent.. I am having problems with the email validation code. Why?
The email link is not even long, nor special. It should be working.

Does moving the web site make it malfuntion somehow?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #3210 by douglas
Dear Rubi,

I'm sorry about the delay reply. I don't work on the holy Sabbath.

What do you mean by email validation? Captcha?

There should be no problem to move the site.

Can you provide a direct URL so I can take a look?

Best regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3212 by Rubí
Hi

i am giving u the link directly to the form contact us link, on english version of the site.

www.vitrocolorcr.com/eng/index...ced&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=6

Just press the send botton. It will give the wrong validation code i am talking about.

The thing is that these web page is a little special on its panel. It works entirely on phpadmin, and mail access with Server POP/SMTP. Well, i dont know if it has something to do with it. These domain has given some headache cause it doesnt have cpanel like most now days. But just to give to let everyone know about these detail.

13 years 9 months ago #3213 by douglas
Dear Rubi,

There are 2 different issues on this page.

1- www.vitrocolorcr.com/eng/compo...enhanced/assets/js/validate.js gives a forbidden error. Check your error log and file permissions;
2- There seems to be a problem with captcha. Can you please save all the parameters again? Parameters: Contact Enhanced -> Configuration -> Parameters (button), Captcha Plugin Parameters and the Menu Item?

Is captcha plugin enabled?

Best regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3219 by Rubí
i was trying to save the parameters again on the configuration for the contacts. And it gave me these message.

Uploaded files Path: Directory does not exists

How can i fix these?

13 years 9 months ago #3220 by Rubí
ok i corrected it.. the file path.. still got the validation code error.

13 years 9 months ago #3221 by douglas
Dear Rubi,

Captcha is not even showing, which is very odd;
Can you try other Captcha libraries like teh reCaptcha or MathGuard?
Go to Extensions -> Plugin Manager select Content - Captcha and change the parameters.

Best regards,

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3222 by Rubí
I seems to forget where to find things.. :P.. where was it that i set to enable-disable the capctha.

and i already changed to the others ones.. and seems to get the same result

13 years 9 months ago #3223 by douglas
Dear Rubi,

Now there seems to be a different problem, because it is displaying and validating captcha, however it is not sending the email.

Can you provide an administrator account so I can take a closer look?
You can send the details to Support -> Contact Form in the menu.

Best regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3224 by douglas
Dear Rubi,

You've set the Custom reply option to "Yes" and this option is only to be used when integrating Contact Enhanced with other systems.

Now it is working correctly.

Best regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3225 by Rubí
Douglas

can u check on the spanish version form configuration. Got the mail, but not the thank window. .. Same web page, just without eng* in the end of the url. Same way to enter than on eng

and i made a test on for the form send, and i didnt receive the email from the eng version. On spanish i got the email, but not the thank window.

Thanks for all the help.

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3226 by douglas
Dear Rubi,

In the English version I changed the email to my email and I got the message. please check if you entered a correct email address.

Apparently there is a problem with the Javascript alert in the Spanish version, which I'm investigating.

I've switched to "Show sent message" for now.

Best regards,