Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

HOW TO add a contact form into an article and link it?

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3227 by BoMo
I might be totally stupid but I searched all help forums and FAQs and couldn't find it:

How do I add a contact form (custom form) to a page (article) including Captcha?

So far I only found the Syntax {loadcontact 1} in the demo which does not work with me.
Can't I simply add elements like {name} or {message} which are defined in the custom field section?

How do I add the Google Map feature? I see that I can activate it in the Contact administration, but can I handle it on the Contacts page differently?

Lot's of questions but maybe I'm not the only noob...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #3228 by douglas
Dear BoMo,

The syntax is correct, however in order to add the a Contact Enhanced form to an Article you need the Contact Enhanced Plugin:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...d/plugin-contact-enhanced.html

The Google maps feature have to be enabled in Contact Enhanced -> Configuration. The maps is configured in the Contact Enhanced -> Contacts.

Please watch this screencast below (please ignore the security configuration for now):
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...ct-enhanced/documentation.html

More screencasts are available here:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...ct-enhanced/documentation.html

Best regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3229 by BoMo
Thanks... just bought it.

Why don't you include this in the CE package for 18US$??? Would have saved me about 3 hours... Even the information that I would need it wasn't there...

13 years 9 months ago #3230 by douglas
Dear BoMo,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience.
I might include the Plugin in the component package for the next version. I'm working on a module that will be included as well.

Kind regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3231 by BoMo
Thanks Douglas

But some more questions:

1. With {loadcontact contactname} only the custom fields are shown. How can I show all contact related data including all enabled fields of a contact?

2. On my local test server (XAMPP) the Google Maps are shown in the Admin Panel but not in the web-site? Why? I have a Google API...

3. Email field is without background and border even when I override the style. Why?

4. Strange line breaks after some fields after I added a fixed width in Attributes. Why?

5. Can the text of the send-button be changed? How?
Attachments:

13 years 9 months ago #3232 by douglas
Dear BoMo,

1- The Plugin was made to display a form only. With you need to display all that information, than why don't you use the Contact Enhanced menu item instead.

2- Are you using the plugin? The Maps are displayed when you use the Contact Enhanced -> Contact Menu item;

3- That's probably an incompatibility with your template. Some templates adds a special styling to email fields; In the post below I've addressed a fix, however it might be different to your template:
ideal.fok.com.br/support/forum...y-of-the-field-email.html#3018

4- That's odd. I would have to see the webpage in action, however it is a bit hard since you are running from your local server. Can you post the exact code, so I can apply to my testing server?

5 - Sure. Contact Enhanced uses the Joomla Framework, so you have to edit the language file like in any other extension. in other words you have to edit thsi file: [Joomla]/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_contact_enhanced.ini
More information about the language files you can read here:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...late-any-joomla-component.html

If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,