Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Fatal error message! Need urgent help

15 years 2 days ago #331 by kingdom
We received your component yesterday and installed it immediately on www.kingdomresort.co.za . (Contact Us button) The client had been waiting on us for more than a week due to problems with the paypal transaction. I am new to JOOMLA and had some difficulty in trying to figure out how to get rid of the standard fields. (I found the answer in your FORUM this morning.)

I have a major problem though. The client is holding back our payment because the form is not working. I get this message on send.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: array_diff_key() in /usr/www/users/kingdob/components/com_contact_enhanced/controller.php on line 151

Can you please help me with this problem. It is URGENT.

Regards

Jaco Cloete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 2 days ago #332 by kingdom
Hi Me again. I downloaded controller.php. This is what I found at line 151.

$pvars = (array_diff_key($_POST,$excludeVars)); //PHP5 only

I don't know if this will shed any more light on this problem.

Jaco:

ohmy:

15 years 1 day ago #334 by douglas
Dear Jaco,

I just replied to your email and I'm going to post here the same thing:

This is because you have PHP4 installed and this extension require PHP5.
Please read this FAQ post:

That's because Contact Enhanced requires PHP5 in order to work!

Please read the news published on the PHP.net website:

On July 13, 2004, PHP 5 was released, powered by the new Zend Engine II. PHP 5 included new features such as improved support for object-oriented programming, the PHP Data Objects extension (which defines a lightweight and consistent interface for accessing databases), and numerous performance enhancements.The most recent update released by The PHP Group is for the older PHP version 4 code branch. As of August, 2008 this branch is up to version 4.4.9. PHP 4 is no longer under development nor will any security updates be released.

Therefore we advise you to update your php version.

Most hosting service providers have php5 on their servers, you just have to ask them to enable it for you! It is a simple thing to do, and a very easy fix.

It can be found here also:
ideal.fok.com.br/component/opt.../Itemid,22/id,8/view,category/

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #365 by stephengrenfell
I have the same problem.

Certain hosting servcie providers will not just change the php version. They support php4 and php5 in parallel and insist that you select the version by modifying the .php extenion to .php5 for example.

14 years 11 months ago #370 by douglas
Dear Stephen,

They certainly shouldn't ask you to do that, it would crash your applications. In fact this is the first time that I've heard about it so I did a Google search and this came up:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=100045

I also would you like you to know that Joomla 1.6 will not work with PHP 4, so if your host will not support it you should change your hosting service provider, Please read:
developer.joomla.org/component...blog/75-joomla-goes-php-5.html

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #372 by kingdom
I just want to thank Douglas for all his help to solve the problem. This man really walk the extra mile to keep his clients happy!!

Thanx Douglas, contact form is working fine

Jaco:woohoo: