Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

mixed chain select lists

13 years 8 months ago #3685 by Luzzati
Hi,
I have set two different chain select lists for two different users.

They work fine, but in each contact, the parent field ("You Prefer:") includes all the Types which are available: also the ones assigned to the other contact.

What can I do so that the parent field will list only the Types assigned to its contact?

Thank you,
Ugo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #3686 by douglas
Dear Ugo,

Are you using the Custom Values or have you created your own database table?
You can change the category or type and add to the WHERE clause of your SQL statement.

Sincere regards,

13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #3688 by Luzzati
Hi,
I use the costume values.
Got it!!!
I changed the Published line to 2 both in the statement and the database. Each list has to have its own number.
Many thanks,
Ugo

13 years 8 months ago #3689 by douglas
Dear Ugo,

I'm glad you got it :-)

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes,

13 years 6 months ago #3994 by Altano
Thanks a lot for the tutorial!!!

Just a last question, is it possible to hide the second mixed chain field.
For instance, if the user selects "A" in the first select list, the second select list would appear below. Then if he rather select "B", the second select list would stay hidden.
Thanks in advance!

13 years 6 months ago #3995 by douglas
Dear Altano,

Thee is no such option yet. For now what I recommend is to add a "Default" value for B.

Best regards,

13 years 6 months ago #3996 by Altano
OK. That's not a problem anyway.

Otherwise, I followed step by step the tutorial video, and unfortunately the second select list is not updated when the I choose one option in the first select list...
Any idea?
By the way, I use the latest version of the component.

13 years 6 months ago #3998 by douglas
Dear Altano,

This usually happens when there is no result in the query or if the Javascript is disabled.
Can you provide administrator access to your site, so I can take a look?

Sincere regards,

13 years 6 months ago #4001 by Altano
OK.
I've just created a login for you... but, I can't find how to send you a PM...

13 years 6 months ago #4003 by douglas
Dear Altano,

Kunena Forum has no core PM messaging. you can just reply to the forum notification email.

Sincere regards,