Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

How do I stop maps showing in a form?

13 years 6 months ago #4089 by softforge
I know its a silly question and I must be overlooking something but I cannot find a show/ dont show map.

I have some forms and since uploading the latest version maps show on forms which before did not have them.
I have switched all parameters apart from name to dont show and not put anything in the address but still a map shows, at the moment I am controlling it in css with display:none. But there has to be a better way!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #4090 by douglas
Dear softforge,

There are a couple of ways:
1- Disable it from all contact forms by setting the "Show Map" Parameter to "No" in the Contact Enhanced Parameters; or
2- You can also set the "Shoe Map" to "No" it in the Contact Enhanced -> Contact (edit) under the Advanced Parameters;

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

13 years 6 months ago #4091 by softforge
Unfortunately that will switch maps off everywhere so in the contacts where I want maps to show as well as the forms where I don't want them to show.

I did think that the place you describe was the correct place as that would allow a per form setting..ideal

But there is no map choice under the advanced tab...I think there used to be but no more .
These are the potions in the latest version of your contact enhanced.

Show sidebar
Sidebar width
Process plugins in Sidebar
Icons/Text
Address Icon
E-mail Icon
Telephone Icon
Mobile Icon
Fax Icon
Miscellaneous Icon
@group Element not defined for type = paramhelper
Integration with other systems No Yes
@subtitle Element not defined for type = paramhelper
Form Action

Is it meant to be in with this lot? It would make perfect sense.

many thanks

Phil

13 years 6 months ago #4092 by douglas
Dear Phil,

Then you have an old version installed. I've made some changes lately and haven't changed the version number just yet, I'm only changing the revision numbers.

Please download a new package here:
ideal.fok.com.br/purchase-and-...-extensions.html?tpl=purchases

Also, please remember that there is no need to uninstall the old version and that backup is your best friend! ;-) I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a backup first;

All the best,

13 years 6 months ago #4093 by softforge

A month old, will upgrade ...again! Now.

Could you slow the improvements down, its hard keeping up ;)

13 years 6 months ago #4094 by softforge
O thats just cheating, Im sure you just added that dropdown!

Thanks, that makes perfect sense and was the natural place to look for it.

13 years 6 months ago #4095 by douglas
Dear Phil,

I'm glad it is working! ;-)

I work all day long on my extensions, so everyday there is an improvement somewhere.. ;-)
at first I used to wait until I had larger number of improvements, but in the last two months I've decided to update the download package after each change so all users would be take advantages of the new features right away. This month I've released over 10 new small improvements;

You may have noticed, for example, that in the Contact Enhanced upgrade the component installed the CE Content plugin, for free.

I've also created a new product for Contact Enhanced called CE Feedback, have you seen it?
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...hanced/plugin-ce-feedback.html

Best wishes,