Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Installation problems

13 years 2 months ago #5362 by heranisi
Hi
I am a beginner and that's why it might be not working.
I have installed joomla 1.5. I have bought a template from joomlabamboo and i want to replace the existing contact with the Contact Enhanced i habe bought just right now.

I have attached the failure info after clicking the contact button on my page.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ralph :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #5363 by Gokk
Houdiho!,
Where's Attachment?, did installation fail?

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5365 by heranisi
Hi
Here is the attachement. Yes the installaiton failed. Below in bold you can also see the failure text who comes up.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/web475/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_contact_enhanced/configuration.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web475/html/joomla/components/com_contact_enhanced/controller.php on line 20

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/var/www/web475/html/joomla/administrator/components/com_contact_enhanced/configuration.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/web475/html/joomla/components/com_contact_enhanced/controller.php on line 20

Regards,

Ralph

13 years 2 months ago #5366 by douglas
Dear Ralph,

It seems that you did not save the configuration file. Please go to Components -> Contact Enhanced -> Configuration and Save it;

This should solve the issue;

You can also view the online documentation, which will help you to set up Contact Enhanced:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...ct-enhanced/documentation.html

Best regards,

13 years 1 month ago #5948 by Byers
Hi Douglas

I get a slightly different error.components/COMPONENT_FOLDER/configuration.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/(sitename).co.za/components/com_contact_enhanced/views/contact/view.html.php on line 31

and a 2nd line.../administrator/components/COMPONENT_FOLDER/configuration.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/(sitename).co.za/components/com_contact_enhanced/views/contact/view.html.php on line 31

I am finally ready to get this site live...so this is quite urgent.

Thank you
Derek

13 years 1 month ago #5949 by douglas
Dear Derek,

In your case it seems to be a totally different problem.
Which CE version are you using?

It sounds like it is missing a file: [path to Joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/defines.php

You can just unpack the package file, extract it and upload to your server.

Best regards,

13 years 1 month ago #5950 by Byers
Hi
I will look for the file you mentioned.
Thanks

13 years 1 month ago #5951 by douglas
Dear Derek,

For me it is much easier to provide support if you use the current version. Can you please create a FULL backup and upgrade it?

All the best,

13 years 1 month ago #5952 by Byers
Hi
I will do an Akeeba backup - uninstall the contact enhanced and the re-install it - is that what you mean, or is there a way to upgrade CE without uninstalling it?

I have to log off shortly, so will keep an eye out for your response but may only get to resolve this tomorrow.
Thanks for the fast support once again
Derek

13 years 1 month ago #5953 by douglas
Dear Derek,

There is no need to uninstall the old CE version first, just install it over the old one.
I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a FULL backup first;

All th best,

13 years 1 month ago #5954 by Byers
great - thanks. If you don't hear from me then it all worked out fine Cheers

13 years 1 month ago #5971 by Byers
Hi
The upgrade worked - but i have another issue now.

It relates to a previous query and i have emailed you the details as it is a strange scenario which related to another fix you sent me.

Thanks Derek