Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Adding Tracking Code to Forms

13 years 3 months ago #5422 by Dave77
Hi all,

I wanted to track the submit button e.g with Google Analytics. Currently it concerns the CE Feedback Plugin later maybee also the regular contact form.
So for that purpose I thought I could add the trackpageview function to the forms exisiting oncklick event (from the submit button). Could you please tell how I could add this?

Thanks

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #5424 by douglas
Dear David,

I have some users adding the HTML code to the "Thank you page" HTML template.
Please watch this screencast:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...l/75-html-template-system.html

Best regards,

13 years 3 months ago #5426 by Dave77
Dear Douglas,

thanks for the hint re. HTML templates. The issue is there is no thank you page and I would prefere only to have a thank you message.

13 years 3 months ago #5427 by douglas
Dear Dave,

Right now it is the only possible way to add Google Analytics tracking. I can implement another feature in the future. I'm currently focused on the 1.6 upgrade, therefore I cannot implement this for you right now. I hope you understand.

Sincerely,

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #5428 by Dave77
of course I understand.

If choosing the template option, does it generate a thank you page with a unique URL? If not how do you suggest to add the GA Code there in order it generates a unique URL or an Event Clikc for the reports?

13 years 3 months ago #5430 by douglas
Dear Dave,

For me is easier to implement this then to tell you how to accomplish it.
Can you wait a week or two?
Which version are you using? 1.5 or 1.6?

Best regards,

13 years 3 months ago #5431 by Dave77
1-2 weeks is ok. I'm using Joomla 1.5, it concerns both CE Feedback and Contact Enhanced

If possible it would be good the have the choice to add either the trackpageview or trackevent function and define the URL/category, label etc by pasting the code in the settings. Also in order to make it compatible with other webanalytics systems

13 years 2 months ago #5702 by clientfinder
Hi Douglas!

Tracking code would be sweet! For instance, whenever a notification email was sent to me indicating that someone filled out the form, their selections (from the custom fields), as well as what page they filled out the form on.

I am implementing an SEO campaign and have added 50 pages to my site, each with a Contact Enhanced module. It would be awesome to know what landing page they were on when they filled out the contact form.

Thanks,

Jason

Websites | Search Marketing
Get Found Online

Available for Joomla! support, installations, and graphic design.