Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Problem with Captcha

13 years 2 months ago #5434 by safeworld
Hi
I have just suddenly started experiencing a problem with the Captcha on the forms on our site

For example
asafeworldforwomen.org/home/contact-us.html

Am constantly coming up with the error message
"There are some invalid fields, please check fields in red"

Have tried many things including deleting the plug in and resinstalling but still not working

Form works fine if the Captcha plug in is not on it

HELP!!!

Thx Andrew

I just love good customer service

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #5435 by douglas
Dear Andrew,

That's very strange. I've never had this problem before.
Captcha Plugin is automatically installed when you install Contact Enhanced. Did you install it separately?

Can you please try to use reCaptcha for testing purposes?

Sincerely,

13 years 2 months ago #5443 by safeworld
Hi Douglas

Yes very strange I have been trying to trace back what I might have changed yesterday but cant find an obvious solution

Where is the option to choose ReCaptcha

Couldnt spot it when I looekd just now

Andrew

13 years 2 months ago #5444 by douglas
Dear Andrew,

I'm not sure what this could be. Did you install any new extension yesterday or modified Contact Enhanced's js file?

Captcha is a plugin, so you can change it's configuration at Extensions -> Plugin Manager, search for Captcha and change the Plugin Parameters;

Best regards,

13 years 2 months ago #5445 by safeworld
Found the Recaptcha setting so need to reply
For all other users it is in the Plugin settings
:)

13 years 2 months ago #5446 by safeworld
Hi Douglas

Have installed ReCaptcha and it is working

Does Recaptcha slow down the system if it is permanently used?
If so any thoughts how to get secureimage to work!

I need to put up a new form which may have heavy traffic so need to get it as light weight as possible

PS
I am constantly amazed at your dedication to customer service by the way
:)

Andrew

13 years 2 months ago #5447 by safeworld
Re CE JS file - no havent touched it
Extensions - I had a version of Chrono Forms on the site which was running another form (Bob Janes who is an admin on the forum there is a friend)

Yesterday we needed to put a new big petition up and since I had some of the coding in Chrono Forms I decided to use that for now and then look to move it.
I saw there was a minor upgrade to CF so installed it and it was onlya bit later i noticed the problem

I also was installing an Amazon S3 plug in to be able to spread the load

But Possibly it was the CF upgrade. But I have unistalled Chrono Forms and the problem still exists so I have no idea where to look to see what might have been changed

I know its not really your problem but appreciate your help because am constantly stretched for time as Safe World is a 24/7 operation and I am the only techy IT person!

Andrew

13 years 2 months ago #5450 by douglas
Dear Andrew,

You might want to reinstall Contact Enhanced, so it will override all files and the SecurImage captcha library might start working again. Just a guess, but it is worth trying! Also, don't forget that there is no need to uninstall CE before upgrading, however I always advise to make a full backup before any change (installations/upgrades);

Actually reCaptcha is supposed to be faster because:
1- It does not use your server resources to create an image. SecurImage creates an image at every page load.
2- It loads the captcha challenge only after the page is fully loaded, so the most important part of your page, the form, will load faster, even if it takes a couple milliseconds longer to load the entire page, because it will retrieve the captcha from another server.

In other words, if you want speed and to use less server resources I'd choose reCaptcha.

All the best,

Best regards,