Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

PHP Thank you Page?

13 years 2 days ago #6271 by khancock
Hi,

I've been playing with creating my own thank you template and using php rather than HTML. I copied a working template, edited the xml file and change the index.html to index.php but I get the following error "Email template does not exists". I'm not sure if using a php page would be possible or not?

The result I'm attempting to achieve is to take the form data and not only have it sent to the contact but be entered into a database as well. Do you have any other suggestions for accomplishing this?

Thanks for your help and great component!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 days ago #6272 by douglas
Dear khancock,

Well, Contact Enhanced records submitted emails in it's own table. If you need something more specific you could use the {sql:} (to perform a SQL query) and the {post:} (to retrieve submitted data) tags;

Best regards,

13 years 2 days ago #6277 by khancock
So I can use the {sql:} tag within the thank you template to submit the information as well? I need to take the post info and add it to a separate database which is a custom developed app for my client (developed by someone else of course...)

13 years 1 day ago #6280 by douglas
Dear khancock,

Actually I was thinking about the code right now and it is designed to select from the database.

The most clever solution would be to create a plugin to make this integration, but then you would probably have to talk to you would probably have to talk with your developer.

Best regards,

13 years 1 day ago #6285 by khancock
All I really need to do is pickup the data entered off the contact enhanced form and it to a different Database. Any advice on where / how to do this? or could this functionality possibly be added to a future revision?

13 years 10 hours ago #6297 by douglas
Dear Khancock,

This s not possible right now, but I can certainly implement this feature in the next version. What I'll do is basically change the way the SQL tag works.

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6299 by douglas
Dear Khancock,

I've implemented this feature for you and it will be available in the next revision.
Please do not try to change the code base (PHP), unless you know what you are doing, because SQL statements can dangerous if not used correctly. Hackers can perform SQL injections.

I used all precautions. I'm escaping all {post:} tags in order to avoid any problem, so if you do not change my files you should be safe.

I've tried the SQL below and it worked correctly:
{sql: INSERT INTO #__ce_cv (`text`) VALUES('TEST')}
but you can also try this:
{sql: INSERT INTO #__ce_cv (`text`) VALUES('{post: cf_ID}')}
Keep in mind that you can retrieve all submitted custom fields like this {post: cf_ID} where ID is the CustomField id. For the Name, Surname (lastname), password and email fields the field name is not cf_ followed by the field id, so to get that submitted info you would have to use this syntax: {post: name}

I hope it is clear enough.

All the best,

12 years 11 months ago #6300 by khancock
WOW, I didn't expect it to be that quick. Thanks Douglas, I'll give it a try!

12 years 11 months ago #6301 by douglas
Dear khancock,

I did not upload the new revision just yet.

I'll take a couple of days, because there are a few other things that I want to include in the new package. Can you wait until, let's say, Wednesday or Thursday?

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6302 by khancock
Yes that will be fine, When I looked at the downloads it said modified today so I though it had been uploaded. Thanks again for your help!