Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Need help getting started

12 years 11 months ago #6314 by melissa@momodigitaldesign.com
I purchased this component this afternoon and am having trouble doing ANYTHING with it. I watched some of the documentation videos, but they're for an older version of Joomla. I have Joomla 1.6 and am using it for the first time. Is there support for your component that applies to Joomla 1.6?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #6315 by douglas
Dear Melissa,

Most of the documentation applies to the Joomla 1.6, even though the screencasts were made for Joomla 1.5 the location and features are almost all the same.

What exactly are you having problem with?
Did you install the component?
After installation there are basically 3 steps:
1- Create a Contact Enhanced -> Category;
2- Create a Contact Enhanced -> Contact;
3- Create a menu item for Contact Enhanced;

Best wishes,

12 years 11 months ago #6316 by melissa@momodigitaldesign.com
Hi Douglas. I was watching the screencasts, so I'm sure that's part of my problem. Below are some of the issues I'm having:

1) When I try to edit CE as a module and assign it a position, to a page, etc. and click "save" I get an error message "Invalid form."

2) I haven't found anywhere to import a contact I already had in this Joomla site. I created another and saved, but it doesn't show in the CE contacts.

3) Is this what I should be seeing? See attached.

12 years 11 months ago #6317 by melissa@momodigitaldesign.com
Also, your documentation says to check in the system info permissions to be sure that all say "writable." I have one that isn't: the directory log. How do I know if that affects CE?

12 years 11 months ago #6318 by douglas
Dear Melissa,

1- It is required that you select a contact first. Under "Basic Options" choose a Contact?
2- The import option is not yet available for Joomla 1.6. The Joomla category system has changed a lot therefore I could not include this feature in CE 1.6 just yet.
3- There was no image attached;
4- The log directory should not affect CE, specially after the installation.

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6319 by melissa@momodigitaldesign.com
Choose "Basic Options" from where? Sorry- I'm really lost!

Attachments:

12 years 11 months ago #6320 by melissa@momodigitaldesign.com
Ok. Got the image to upload. Is that what the CE manager should look like?

12 years 11 months ago #6321 by melissa@momodigitaldesign.com
This is what the screen looks like when I go to CE--> Contacts--> New.

This looks messed up to me. Did something go wrong with my installation?

Attachments:

12 years 11 months ago #6322 by douglas
Dear Melissa,

You mentioned on an earlier post that you were trying to configure CE Module, so the "Basic Options" is from the Module manager.

That's not how CE Manager should look like. The language file is not loaded.
This is the second time this has happened today.
I'll send an older version (from last Thursday) to you, so you can use until I fix this language issue.

Best regards,
Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6323 by melissa@momodigitaldesign.com
Thanks, Douglas. I knew it had to be more user friendly than what I was looking at!

Melissa

12 years 11 months ago #6325 by douglas
Dear Melissa,

Regarding the language issue I'll this thread below updated:
ideal.fok.com.br/support/forum...alling-correctly-j16.html#6324

All the best,