Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Select Recipient (to) doesn't appear to be working

13 years 6 days ago #6581 by Twoquestions
I have no idea how this happened. A couple of weeks ago I reported a bug in the Select Recipient logic, which Douglas fixed in short order involving multiple email addresses. Both me and my client tested this new functionality, and it worked like a charm.

Enter Thursday, the Select Recipient (to) field stops working at all. Whenever the user submits the form, it always goes to the Contact's address only instead of going to the addresses specified in the Select Recipient field. I've tried only using one address, then I tried deleting the rest of the Recipient fields, all to no avail. I've even tried getting rid of all of the Select Recipient fields, then adding a new one.

If it helps, I hide the div that contains the form field with CSS, but I went in with Firebug and made sure the correct address was selected. Is there something that jumps out at anyone as to why or how this sudden loss of functionality could happen?

For some background information, I usually have 3-5 forms all with their own hidden Select Recipient (to) fields, all with multiple email addresses. It worked last week, but not anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 days ago - 13 years 6 days ago #6582 by Byers
Hi
The obvious question is - have you changed anything else on your site lately?

I used to hide multiple 'select recipient field to' fields - I don't think it makes any difference.

The only issue i had was with the 'BCC function'. Douglas eventually pointed me to the Global configuration - check your 'Mail settings'.

To be honest i never resolved my BCC issue (I found an alternative solution) - as i believe the errors were caused by my host - check that your host hasn't changed anything.

Hope this helps.

Derek

13 years 6 days ago #6583 by Twoquestions
The only thing I've done is add more articles, and more Select Recipient (to) fields to go with the forms that show up on those articles.

I don't think my host is an issue, because the site emails the address listed in the Contact just fine.

13 years 6 days ago #6584 by Twoquestions
Did some more testing, found a way to get it to work.

For some reason, it only functions when you give the options a name using the double colon syntax. If you leave a name out, it doesn't work and it sends the email to the Contact instead of the address listed in the Select Recipient (to) field.

13 years 6 days ago #6585 by Byers
Cool..