Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Problems on both Firefox and Explorer

13 years 6 days ago - 13 years 6 days ago #6587 by xtensive
I am having problems with Contact Enhanced on my site.

In Firefox the Captcha box is tiny, so the letters can't be seen properly and on Explorer the fields in the form disappear as I scroll down the page, as does the map.

Any ideas?

URL is www.xtensivetrades.co.uk

Thanks
Colin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 days ago #6588 by douglas
Dear Colin,

This is a template related problem. Your form is loading just fine using the component view:
www.xtensivetrades.co.uk/index...ew=contact&id=1&tmpl=component
or with JA Purity:
www.xtensivetrades.co.uk/index...ontact&id=1&template=ja_purity

Can you please contact RocketTheme and ask them why this is happening? I suspect Gantry have a javascript that does something on scroll or page resize,..

I'm not on my computer right now, but I'll try to access from a computer that has Firefox installed soon, so I can answer the rest of your question.

Best regards,

13 years 6 days ago #6589 by douglas
Dear Colin,

I've just installed Firefox 4 and the captcha image is loading correctly.
The only problem I see is with the sidebar. You have such a narrow space to load CE that I advise you not to use the sidebar or to change the message field width by adding style="width:99%" to the attributes box.

If you are not sure how, please watch this screencast:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...-fields/78-basic-features.html

Have a great night.

13 years 6 days ago #6590 by momentis
This is an issue with all Gantry templates. There is a setting that loads page images as the user scrolls down, thus saving bandwidth in loading the images until a user needs to see them. I am sorry, but I cannot remember the actual setting name. However, if this is disabled, the captcha image will work as expected.

13 years 6 days ago #6591 by acsi
I tested your site under FF 3and 4, see no problems. When I tested it on IE9, you have a compatibility problem, normal for IE :laugh: There is a simple solution, you can add in the header between the head tag:

<!-- Mimic Internet Explorer 7 -->
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" >

or

<!-- Enable IE9 Standards mode -->
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" >

You should be able to do both.

I did test this under IE9 and saw your problem, but when I added your site to the "Compatibility View" your site works fine.

13 years 6 days ago #6592 by waitz
With Mac Safari it looks good

Kristian Rajan | Joomla! 3.7.5 | Contact Enhanced 3.8.2