Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Custom width on sidebar

12 years 10 months ago #6652 by CasperNH
Hi douglas

Im using the Contact Enhanced.

In backend im able to choose the width of the sidebar. (ex. 10, 15 ,20, 25 ...)

My problem is that i want 28%

How/where can i add a custom width? - i havent been able to find the XML-file with these options.

Best regards,

Casper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #6654 by acsi
try looking in here: /administrator/components/com_contact_enhanced/custom_fields

I'm not sure if this is the xml you are looking for: custom_fields.xml

Brian

12 years 10 months ago #6657 by CasperNH
Hi Brian

I cant follow your URL. The path: administrator\components\com_contactenhanced
does not contain any file called custom_fields

12 years 10 months ago #6658 by acsi
I am running Contact Enhanced - Version: 1.5.9.2 Version - if your running version 6... sorry I don't have that version.

If you have 6.... I would think it would be below this path: /administrator/components/com_contact_enhanced/

Does this help?

Brian

12 years 10 months ago #6661 by douglas
Dear CasperNH,

The file structure for Contact Enhanced for Joomla 1.6 has changed quite a bit.

For the sidebar width you have to edit the contact.xml file located in [Path to Joomla 1.6]/administrator/components/com_contactenhanced/models/forms/
Search for the "sidebar_width" field and add the line below:
<option value="28">28%</option>

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago #6663 by CasperNH
Great. Thanks for helping me with this issue.