Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Changing the size of CE Feedback

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #6675 by mfubib
Hi,

I've just purchased Contact Enhanced and have enabled the Feedback plugin.

I've set up a contact and changed the feedback window size (using the Advanced Parameters) to 800 by 600, however the background of the feedback window is still larger than this ... I've attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Q1: How do I go about changing the styling of the contact form so I can ensure that it all fits in the 800 by 600 window and looks better than it does now?

I've also noticed some odd behaviour with the appearance of the feedback button and the way the plugin sends the emails.

When using the site normally, the feedback tab is visible as it should be - however every few minutes or so a duplicate of the feedback image (or part of it) will flash up underneath the proper image and then go away after a second or two.

Q2: Do you know what could be causing this?

Also, when I send feedback the page refreshes (clearing the content of the form), but the modal window remains open and the 'Thank You' message does not appear until I close the modal window and refresh the page.

Q3: How can I correct this behaviour so the modal window closes and the notification appears immediately after pressing send?

Finally, I haven't received the feedback that has been sent. I'm not sure why this is as the Joomla default contact form is working without a problem and sending the feedback to my email.

Q4: What do I need to change to get the feedback to actually send?

I'm currently building this site locally so unfortunately cannot provide a link.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #6676 by mfubib
Further to the above ... I'm using the Panacea template from Rocketheme and it appears that the image rotator is the feature responsible for making the duplicate feedback button appear. It happens whenever the rotator is transitioning between images and the duplicate feedback button is only visible while the transition is occurring.

12 years 10 months ago #6678 by douglas
Dear mfubib,

It is usually much easier to debug if your site is live, but I'll do my best. ;-)

1- a) Some template's set a minimum width, so in these cases you have to which templates in the plugin Advanced Parameters. Please use the "Use template" parameter description here: ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...hanced/plugin-ce-feedback.html
1- b) I'm not quite sure what is happening. I know the image should change on ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...-template-system.htmlmouseOver . Ins't it what is happening?

2- That's odd. Maybe your template does not display the System Message on Modal windows. In these cases it is better if you configure the HTML Templates in CE to load a thank you page. Can you please make sure that you have configured the template in the CE Configuration (Options). Please watch this screencast:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...l/75-html-template-system.html

3- There is no autoclose, but using the HTML templates (see #2) should display the Thank you page.

4- Do you have SMTP setup as the mailer in Joomla Global configuration?

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago #6682 by mfubib
Hi Douglas,

Thanks for the quick reply. I can appreciate that debugging a site is tricky when you can't access it! I'm just waiting on a PHP upgrade before I install my site on a live server.

I've been able to get rid of the scroll bars by changing the 'Use template' parameter to ja_purity_ii. I've also watched the screencast you shared and have successfully set up the email and thank you template. The HTML thanks option does just the trick :)

I now need to figure out how to edit the CSS of the feedback form (that loads in the modal window) so it ties in with the rest of the site. Is there a tutorial or something somewhere that can give me some pointers on how to tackle this?

Regarding the feedback button ... it does behave as expected on mouseover, however a duplicate copy of the image keeps flashing up beneath the button! I've made a short video to show you what I mean.

This behaviour is directly related to a rotator feature that I'm using (there is an example of it on this page ). Whenever the rotator transitions between the images the feedback button flashes up. Any ideas why this is?

Finally, I don't have SMTP setup as the mailer, I'm just using the PHP mailer at the moment. I didn't realise SMTP was required for this to work. I'll set this side of things up after I've moved to a live server.

Thanks again for your assistance.

12 years 10 months ago #6689 by douglas
Dear mfubib,

SMTP:
Using SMTP is not required, unless you do not have a mail server installed, what usually is the case on localhosts. There are also some cases, where it will not work correctly without SMTP, because the mail server might require SMTP authentication for emails that meet a certain criteria. Using SMTP will also help you to avoid mail from your site going to your client's Spam/junk folder.

Customizing Feedback form using CSS:
If you use FIrebug <getFirebug.com> you will noticed that the form's container DIV has a "ce-modal-container" class. All CE modal forms will have this class, so you can customize the look creating specific CSS rules. For the text fields for example:
.ce-modal-container .inputbox{width:99%;border 1px solid #CCC}

Image Issue:
I could not play the video from my Linux box. I don't know if it has anything related to Linux itself or to the browser. So far I have no idea why this is happening. Can you please ask RocketTheme? Maybe they have already replied a similar question.

All the best,

12 years 10 months ago #6700 by mfubib
Hi Douglas,

Thanks again for your help.

I would prefer to use SMTP to avoid the Spam issue so will set this up when I've moved to a live server. I'll also post re. the image issue in the RocketTheme forum - if I find a resolution i'll let you know for future reference.

I also figured out why the CSS was confusing me so much - my template was zipping the CSS to make it load faster - so rather than seeing the 'ce-modal-container' class what I could see made no sense!

Anyway, please consider this issue solved as i'll pop all this on the backburner until the site is on a real server and if I need further assistance again at that stage i'll let you know.

Cheers,

Matt