Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Contact Enhanced v. 1.5.9.2 for Joomla 1.5

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6698 by Kalkas
I have updated recently Contact Enhanced to ver 1.5.9.2 for Joomla 1.5, but it does not work. No mail is received unless it is used the option "Send Blind Copy." If the option of "Send Blind Copy" is not used then the error message "Could not instantiate mail function" comes up.

This problem does not occur when I use the standard Joomla Contact, which indicates that PHP mail function works.

I have made a testing site where you can test this:

http://www.rana-crkva.net/proba/

You will notice two Contact links, one is to the Contact Enhanced and the other one is to the Standard Joomla Contact form.

I have also tested smtp configuration and the problem is the same. Contact Enhanced does not work, while the Standard Joomla Contact works if smtp is used.

So, my main site www.rana-crkva.net is not using the updated version, but using rather an older version of Contact Enhanced (v. 1.5.6), which works great:

http://www.rana-crkva.net/kontakt.html

Kind regards,
Aleksandar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6699 by Kalkas
I forgor to mention the technical stuff:

I use Joomla 1.5.23, installed in a hostgator server:

Apache 2.2.17
PHP 5.2.15 and 5.3.4 (dual environment)
Perl 5.8.8
MySQL 5.1.52
cPanel 11.28 , auto updated to latest version

12 years 11 months ago #6701 by douglas
Dear Aleksandar,

You are the second person that complains about that.

I'll upload an earlier version in the site, which seems to be working correctly, until I get this solved.

Can you please use this version instead while I investigate this problem?

Also, please remember that there is no need to uninstall the old version and that backup is your best friend! ;-) I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a full backup first;

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6704 by Kalkas
I had the same problems with the previous versin (1.5.8) as well. For now I am using 1.5.6.

Kind regards,
Aleksandar

12 years 11 months ago #6752 by Kalkas
Hello again,

I have installed the attached version (1.5.9.1), but it didn't work.

KInd reagrds,
Aleksandar

12 years 11 months ago #6769 by douglas
Dear Aleksandar,

That's odd.
Can you try this time with SMTP?

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago #6833 by Kalkas
It did not work with smtp neither. It could not connect to smtp host. Is not smtp host the smtp server?

12 years 10 months ago #6838 by douglas
Dear Aleksandar,

Your are correct. The SMTP host is the server, which usually is smtp.yourserver.com or mail.yourserver.com, but it can change.

Keep in mind that some smtp servers use a different port, other than 25 or 465 (secure connections, SSL, TLS).

Did you contact your web hosting provider? They can provide the SMTP configuration information:

SMTP Authentication: Yes
SMTP Security:
SMTP Port:
SMTP Username:
SMTP Password:
SMTP Host:

All the best,

12 years 10 months ago #6846 by Kalkas
Hello,

I have the information from my service provider about smtp configuration and used that info. Nevertheless, it does not work with the last versions of Contact Enhanced.

Kind regards,
Aleksandar

12 years 10 months ago #6849 by douglas
Dear Aleksandar,

Can you please provide an administrator account so I can take a closer look?

You can send the login details using the Support -> Contct form, but before you do so, please create a full backup for safety reasons.

All the best,

12 years 10 months ago #6863 by douglas
Dear Aleksandar,

It is working with SMTP.
It was not configured, so I've entered my server's smtp configuration. At first it did not work, I had to set "SMTP Security" to SSL and set the port to 465.

I don't know why your Joomla installation only connected to the SMTP server when using "SMTP Security".
Please configure now using your SMTP settings with "SMTP Security".

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #6864 by Kalkas
My SMTP configuration as provided by my provider does not support SMTP security.

Alex