Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

How do I use Custom Fields

12 years 10 months ago #6710 by bscchurch
I'm running a website for a church and want to allow members to log in an submit their personal information for an online church directory. I've created several custom fields include Spouse information, kids and etc. that mimics a printed form we use. I want to be able to enter that same information and have it displayed on the site... Any direction would be great... I've attempted to watch some of the videos but they seem to be geared to a different version than I'm using...
Please help this will be a great resource for our members once completed.

Joomla 1.6.3 Contact Enhanced 1.5.9.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #6715 by douglas
Dear bscchurch,

I'm not sure if I understood correctly. Do you want your users to be able to add contacts?
Contact Enhanced does not have this feature yet. This is a planned feature which will be implemented sometime in this semester.

PS 1: CE Version 1.5.9.2 is not compatible with Joomla 1.6. Please download a Joomla 1.6 version from here: ideal.fok.com.br/purchase-and-...-extensions.html?tpl=purchases
PS 2: Most of the screencasts for Joomla 1.5 are still valid for Joomla 1.6. Some things are slightly different, but most part remained the same.

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago #6719 by acsi
bscchurch,

This package is a contact form only. Which means.... once submitted it collects data. But doest not rebuild that data and turn it in to a public directory. There are other modules that do just that.

Side comment: Douglas - if you in the future allow for this new function, it would be a sweet feature.

12 years 10 months ago #6720 by bscchurch
Thanks for the information... I would gladly accept any recommendations of how to accomplish this via another plug-in or etc.

My goal is to enter, through my importing an Excel file or manually entering on the backend of the site all the members information, and then display that in a directory for registered members.... I may have misunderstood the ability or function of this plug-in... How do I create a form with all the custom fields I've created to maybe at least use this to collect the data...????

Thanks for your help it is greatly appreciated

12 years 10 months ago #6722 by acsi
Please watch the screecasts below, i believe they will help you to configure your form:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...lation-and-basic-features.html

More screencasts are available here:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...ct-enhanced/documentation.html

Let us know if this helps......

12 years 10 months ago #6723 by bscchurch
You mentioned something about other modules that could take the data collected and present it in a directory...

could you assist with which ones you're referring...????

Thanks.... I'll be watching the screencast to develop the form...

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #6724 by acsi
bscchurch

Take a look at this link: extensions.joomla.org/extensio...tory-a-documentation/directory

Some are easy, some are very complexed, read the comments, look at all samples.... hope this helps.... let us know.....

thanks