Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Hide Map

12 years 10 months ago #6969 by CreativeDesigns
For some reason the map on my Contact page just stopped working.. not sure why..
I now need to hide the map entirely.
I have gone into the Options menu inside the CE component, and have selected map and hide - but it's not hiding the map..

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Sam

Samantha Prinsloo
Creative Designs
Branding | Graphic Design | Website Design
www.creative-designs.co.za

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #6972 by douglas
Dear Sam,

You can hide/disable in the Component Parameters (Options) or in a per Contact basis.
Please watch this screencast:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...76-setting-up-google-maps.html

Also, please read this article:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...avascript-incompatibility.html

If the problem persists, please provide a direct URL so I can take a look.

All the best,

12 years 10 months ago #7128 by CreativeDesigns
Hi Douglas,
I have already tried to hide the map this way.. it's still not hidden :(
Here is the link:
www.creative-designs.co.za/contact-us.html

thanks
Sam

Samantha Prinsloo
Creative Designs

12 years 10 months ago #7129 by douglas
Dear Sam,

That's really odd. I've just tested here and it is working. It seems you have set your map to load "after the form" instead of Hide.

Please click on the Options button, then under the Maps tab set "Show Map" to Hide.

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago #7131 by CreativeDesigns
Hi Douglas,
I wish I could submit a screenshit, but there is no where to up-load a file here. I have double checked and it is definitely set to HIDE..
I am happy to PM you my login details if you want to take a look around the backend?

Samantha Prinsloo
Creative Designs

12 years 10 months ago #7132 by douglas
Dear Sam,

There should be a upload button if you click on the Reply instead of "Quick reply".

Are you using the latest version? A new version was just released on Monday. Please install and let me know if it fixes this issue;
If it does not, please send the login details to me using the Support -> Contact form;

Also, please remember that there is no need to uninstall the old version and that backup is your best friend! ;-) I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a FULL backup first;

Best regards,