Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Content Elements in Joomfish Error

14 years 9 months ago #810 by ogarcia
Hello, I just downloaded the Content Elements for Joomfish 2.0.3, I had no problems about installing it, the problem I am having is when I am going to edit the Content Elements for Contact Enhanced and Contact Enhanced - Custom Fields.

I am getting this error: DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'c.sidebar' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT c.id, c.name as title, c.name, c.alias, c.con_position, c.email_to, c.address, c.suburb, c.state, c.country, c.postcode, c.telephone, c.fax, c.misc, c.sidebar, c.params, c.checked_out as check_out, c.checked_out, c.checked_out_time, jfc.id as jfc_id, jfc.value as titleTranslation, jfc.modified as lastchanged, jfc.published as published, jfc.language_id, jfl.name as language, jfc.reference_id as jfc_refid FROM jos_contact_enhanced_details as c LEFT JOIN jos_jf_content as jfc ON c.id=jfc.reference_id AND jfc.reference_field='name' AND jfc.reference_table='contact_enhanced_details' AND jfc.language_id=2 LEFT JOIN jos_languages as jfl ON jfc.language_id=jfl.id ORDER BY c.name LIMIT 0, 20

And it doesn't show me any of the contacts I have, same thing with the Custom Fields. Help me please! need my website to be bilingual, I am using English and Spanish languages.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #811 by douglas
Dear Otto,

Which version of Contact Enhanced do you have installed?
If you do not have the latest version please follow the instruction on the this page ( ideal.fok.com.br/purchase-download.html ) to download the newest release available.

I'm going to remove the the Custom Fields contentelements from the package because JoomFish does not support this kind of translation, please read: www.joomfish.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4235#p19857 . The JoomFish development team is working on a new version that will support this feature. In the mean while you can use the language.ini files to translate the custom fields.
Let's say that you wish to translate the Tolltip for the name field, then you should write something like TOOLTIP_NAME in the tootip and add to your translation file for all languages you should write: TOOLTIP_NAME=Here comes the Tooltip for the name. You can do the same for the label.

This task gets easier if you enable system and language degub in Joomla Global Configuration.

If you have any other question, do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

14 years 9 months ago #815 by ogarcia
Hello,
Thank you for the link, I just downloaded the new version and now I have it working in my website, I translated all the elements I needed to in Joomfish.

Now I am missing the .ini files you were talking about, I went trough the files of the component and I saw the .ini files for the languages but I didn't find the elements I need to change to spanish.

Here is the link to one of my contacts in spanish: www.auroratechplus.com/index.p...1:infocategory&lang=es&Itemid=

I need to find the title of the custom fields, Image Code and Reload Image am I looking in the right place? /domain/components/com_contact_enhanced/language/?

Thank you for your help.