Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Subject

14 years 8 months ago #899 by blugreen
Hi.

I need to have a contact form that has a hidden subject. Essentially I want to have set text in the subject line of the email.

Can someone please assist.

TIA

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #902 by douglas
Dear Mark,

All you have to do is set the subject value in the Custom Fields and unpublish, this will hide the field but will show your subject. I'll make this option more obvious for the next version.

Regards,

14 years 8 months ago #904 by blugreen
That got me half way there. Any idea how to get rid of the domain in the line?

How it displays now: skm09.com.au: This is the test subject
How I need it to display: This is the test subject

TIA.

Mark

14 years 8 months ago #905 by douglas
Dear Mark,

I just sent you a modified file that fixes this issue.

Kind regards,

14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #947 by Globaltech
Hi,

Bought it yesterday, great extension!,

One minor issue, I have set up a number of forms with fixed email subjects. e.g. sales enquiry, support enquiry etc. However, only one (sales enquiry) puts the fixed text in the subject line. All others add a default Website: Enquiry subject. irrelevant of what I have added in the value field

Help appreciated

Update, I checked the page source and input type="hidden" name="subject" only appears in the Sales Enquiry form

Found problem: field iscore in table jos_contact_enhanced_cf for the subject was set to 0 for all but the one that worked. I changed this to 1 (using phpMyAdmin) for all forms and subject lines all appears correct!

14 years 7 months ago #948 by douglas
Dear Globaltech,

I'm glad you've fixed it.

If you have any other question, do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1076 by snapsize
Globaltech wrote:

Hi,

Bought it yesterday, great extension!,

One minor issue, I have set up a number of forms with fixed email subjects. e.g. sales enquiry, support enquiry etc. However, only one (sales enquiry) puts the fixed text in the subject line. All others add a default Website: Enquiry subject. irrelevant of what I have added in the value field

Help appreciated

Update, I checked the page source and input type="hidden" name="subject" only appears in the Sales Enquiry form

Found problem: field iscore in table jos_contact_enhanced_cf for the subject was set to 0 for all but the one that worked. I changed this to 1 (using phpMyAdmin) for all forms and subject lines all appears correct!

Thanks for the fix Globaltech, you`re a life saver.

Although, I do have another issue. My email body looks like this:

Subject = Test Subject
Message = This is a test message

My client is looking for something that looks more like this:

Subject
Test Subject

Can anyone show me how to change the code to do this? Thanks for your time.

Denis

14 years 7 months ago #1077 by douglas
Dear Denis,

Right now Contact Enhanced does not send HTML email, so you cannot have it bold. I'll try to get that done for the next version.
I've changed the email output as requested, you just have to unpack the file attached and upload to [Joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/

Regards,

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

14 years 7 months ago #1080 by snapsize
Thanks for the fix and great component by the way.

Denis

14 years 7 months ago #1081 by douglas
Dear Denis,

Anytime! :-)
I'm planning to start working on a new version soon, which will fix these errors and have a few more features.

Regards,