Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Permission folder

14 years 7 months ago #959 by cecguerra
HI......

Need to delete the text: Fields marked with * are required.
I found the file, I have changed it. But when I tried to upload it I cannot. I have not permissions and I cannot change them as in the other joomla folders. Can you help me with this? Can I change permissions of this component folder?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #960 by douglas
Dear Cecilia,

Well, you should be able to change the permission of your files and folders, you can do it with most FTP clients. For securrity reasons you should work with 755 permission (if it is a Linux/Unix OS).
I advise all customer to use suphp Apache module, which helps to increase security and it reduces a lot of permission problems because your PHP scripts will use your user account instead of the user nobody.

You can also change the language string located at: [Joomla]/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_contact_enhanced.ini

If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #961 by cecguerra
Thanks for your quick reply.....

Dont know, first time Im having this permission problems. I normally change permissions via ftp.

But even trying changing: [Joomla]/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_contact_enhanced.ini

I keep getting: 550 Could not change perms on en-GB.com_contact_enhanced.ini: Operation not permitted

Just happening with this module files... I have not idea what to try next...

14 years 7 months ago #962 by douglas
Dear Cecilia,

It is not a problem with the extension itself.

If you use CPanel you might try it's file manager to change the file owner or thee permisssion, however I'd contact your hosting provider to install suphp. Your problem right now is that you probably have the permission set to 755 and your php scripts (Joomla and others) are running under the user nobody.
If you have SSH access you can login as root and change the file owner, using this command:
su chwon USERNAME JOOMLA_DIRECTORY -R

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #965 by cecguerra
Thank you very much. Solved now.

I just renamed the folders. Download via ftp. Renamed them again and then unploaded. And now I can change permissions no problem.

Very happy with this component.

Regards,
Cecilia.

14 years 7 months ago #966 by douglas
Dear Cecilia,

I'm glad you've manage to fix it.

If you need any further assistence, do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,