Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

How Do I make Joomla display Contact Enhanced Reg Form?

14 years 7 months ago #974 by SuzanneL
Hello,

I'm new to Joomla (about 3 weeks), but not to CMS, and we have installed Contact Enhanced. I've defined 47 custom fields over 3 contact categories, and Joomla only shows it's original 5 field default Registration form: Name, Username, Email, Password, Password Verify. I've double checked, and all my categories and fields are "published" and/or "show". I've tried this in several browsers and was sure to flush my caches.

Please forgive me if this question is very basic, but I've been searching online for a few days now, and cannot find any discussion or documentation as to how to get Joomla to switch to using the Contact Enhanced Registration form, rather than its own original default, much less how to use a different Contact Enhanced Registration form for each of the 3 contact categories.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Suzanne.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #983 by douglas
Dear Suzanne,

Contact Enhanced is a Contact Form not a registration form.
We also do contract work, so if you need to customize your Registration form, let us know.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #999 by SuzanneL
Perhaps I phrased the question wrong.

The Contact Enhanced form does not display. How do I fix it?

Here is the symptom:

I followed the example on MachaDoug's YouTube Video http://cli.gs/ZdvdbJ , embedding the [loadcontact #] display code in an uncategorized article. (I had to guess that the number was the contact category number, because he moved too fast for me to be sure, although I watched it several times.)

However, where he got it to display a fill-in form, all it would show me was the line:

[loadcontact 1]

Please see screenshot:

http://cli.gs/HyJEVS

That video was only 62 seconds long, done very quickly, so obviously I missed something crucial. What did I do wrong?

Thank you very much,

Suzanne.

14 years 7 months ago #1001 by douglas
Dear Suzanne,

It is because you should've used the curly bracketslike this:
{loadcontact 1}
After that's done, if you created all contacts In Contact Enhanced correctly, it should show the form.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1008 by SuzanneL
Thank you very much! That video sure was grainy!!

14 years 7 months ago #1009 by SuzanneL
Huh??? It''s just showing me

{loadcontact 1}

!!!

:ohmy:

14 years 7 months ago #1010 by douglas
Dear Suzanne,

Did you enable the plugin in the backend?

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1011 by SuzanneL
I searched quite a bit in the Plugin Manager, but could not find it. Even re-installed Joomla (wiping out several days work), thinking I had accidently deleted something crucial when I had deleted the copious amounts of Sample Joomla Data that came with Joomla. Is there a separate file to install, or is it all just in the one zip file? I ask, because the person I'm building the web site for bought the software from you (at my recommendation), and emailed me the zip file. Was there something else to install with it? What is the exact name of the Plugin I'm looking for?

Thanks,

Suzanne.

14 years 7 months ago #1012 by douglas
Dear Suzanne,

Is your website live?
Can you create an administrator account so I can take a look at it?

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1014 by SuzanneL
Hi, I will need an email address for you to create an account. Can you grab my email from behind the scenes on my profile and email me? (If not, I'll post mine here for you.)

Thank you,

Suzanne.

14 years 7 months ago #1015 by douglas
Dear Suzanne,

I've just sent you an email.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1019 by douglas
Dear Suzanne,

All the time I thought that you had the component and plugin installed, however you only have the component and you probably do not need the Contact Enhanced Plugin.

I've created a demo contact, a new menu item, I've also installed and configured the Captcha plugin for you.

Take a look at what I've done and you will understand.

If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,