Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

MooFAQ w/ trilingual website: cannot create 3 FAQ sections

11 years 8 months ago #12186 by Philoups
Hi,

I have created a FAQ section in English without problem (here: goo.gl/opai3 ) using one category and the syntax in an article; then, I tried to create the same for English language but it got messy (here: goo.gl/zckND ). In there, there is both content that should be there but also a lot of content that should not (i.e. articles that do not belong to the category to which the MooFAQ is associated with). And for the third language, Italian, it's even worst (here: goo.gl/Qva2t ), I simply get a "no results were found" message.

So, can you tell me what is wrong with this? I turned the installation upside down several times, so I'm running out of ideas. Thansk!

P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #12187 by douglas
Dear Philoups,

MooFAQ is compatible with Joomla language features; Are you using a different extension to manage languages?

MooFAQ should display the articles only for the selected language correctly, as long as the articles in the categories are configured for each language; Did you set the language for each article?

Are you using the component via menu item OR are you using MooFAQ content plugin to embed the plugin into another article?

Best regards,

11 years 8 months ago #12188 by Philoups
I am using Joomla native language feature.

I did set the correct language for each article. I am using the component plugin embedded into an article.

I have reviewed carefully again, and now the italian FAQ behave like the Spanish one (without changing anything I think, as if it needed time to "propagate"). The problem is that, now, in the Italian and Spanish FAQs, ALL ARTICLES are featured, not only the articles of the category I need (that I inserted in the syntax, e.g. {moofaq view = |category| id = |43| showtitle = showdesc |0| = |0|}).

P

11 years 8 months ago #12189 by douglas
Dear P,

I'm not exactly sure what is causing this problem, but it could be because of the syntax. It is not correct. It should be:
{moofaq view=|category| id=|43| showtitle=|0| showdesc=|0|}

Best regards,

11 years 8 months ago #12190 by Philoups
Dear Douglas,

I made a mistake copying on the forum, the syntax was the right one. The behavior of the plugin is really erratic. The Spanish FAQ is now working correctly, but the Itlaian still isn't.

P

11 years 8 months ago #12191 by douglas
Dear Philoups,

That's strange. Are you cleaning all caches (Joomla, template (if any) and browser) after each change?

Best regards,

11 years 8 months ago #12192 by Philoups
No I wasn't, but even cleaning, it doesn't change much; here's the command line: <p>{moofaq view=|category| id=|57| showtitle=|0| showdesc=|0|}</p>

When I try to save the articles, I get the following 500 error message (it's French but you can easily figure out what it means):

"Le site Web a rencontré une erreur lors de l'extraction de www.dayguest.com/administrator...com_content&layout=edit&id=171 . Cela peut être dû à une opération de maintenance ou à une configuration incorrecte.
Voici quelques suggestions :
Actualisez cette page Web ultérieurement.
Erreur HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error) : Une situation inattendue s'est produite tandis que le serveur tentait de traiter la demande."

So I still get "no results found".

11 years 8 months ago #12193 by douglas
Dear P,

As far as I can see you are getting 500 errors when you save content. Please keep in mind that MooFAQ does not handle/change Joomla Content Save, so if you are getting a 500 error it should not be related to MooFAQ at all;

Do you have any content in Italian in this category (Id=57)?

Best regards,

11 years 8 months ago #12194 by Philoups
Dear Douglas,

I know this is not what MooFAQ does. However, it still doesn't detect any content, when there is some. And yeah, there is content in the associated category (id=57).

11 years 8 months ago #12199 by douglas
Dear Philoups,

Can you please create a full backup (safety measures) and provide administrator access, so I can take a closer look?

You can send the log in details using the Support -> Contact form;

All the best,