Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Checkboxes in Subject area not showing

11 years 8 months ago #12195 by Chantal
I have created another homepage with checkboxes in the subject area before, but this time it just won't work. Whatever I do, it only appears an empty input line behind the word "subject". The only thing that is a little different this time, is, that I have created a contact menu in the topmenu with two sublevels for two different contact forms. When I click on each of this menupoints, the correct contact form appears, but the one with checkboxes in the subjects field appears without.

I have properly created two categories, two contacts and assigned the custom fiels to one of this two categories. What could be the cause? What am I missing? Might this be an template related problem? Because the whole layout looks a little different than with my first site. With my new sites, the input fileds acutally are to long and they touch.

Thanks a lot Chantal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #12204 by douglas
Dear Chantal,

Contact Enhanced tries to inherit most of the CSS from your template, but I don't think this has to do with CSS.
There is no option to display the subject custom field type as checkboxes in Contact Enhanced, so I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish;

Best regards,

11 years 8 months ago #12205 by Chantal
Hi Douglas,

well then I am just using the wrong term. I mean the thing I did with the subject area on www.astrea-apotheke.ch under the Kontakt-Menu. The user can klick on one of the proposed subject options, lets say question, complaint or other.... You know what I mean? Ist very easy to do, but it just won't work with the new homepage I am designing....

Chantal

11 years 8 months ago #12207 by douglas
Dear Chantal,

That's called Select list OR dropdown list. ;-)
You just need to enter Values separated by | in the value field;

Best regards,

11 years 8 months ago #12209 by Chantal
Well, thats what I have done. I have doublechecked and done it the same way like in the other website. It does not show on my new one! Just a simple subject line.

I put
Name: Betreff
Field type: Select list (but also tried, Subject, Text, and others more)
Value: Montag |Dienstag |Mittwoch |Donnerstag |Freitag |Wochenende

Required: Yes
Category: Mittagstisch

and so on. Everything like on the oder website. But in this website, the input fields appear longer too and they stick together, not like in the "old" website. So I cant get rid of the idea, that it has to do something with the template... Or is there one sepecific file/plugin responsable for this displaying option of subject-titles?

Chantal

11 years 8 months ago #12210 by douglas
Dear Chantal,

That's odd. Are you using the latest version?
The Custom Field type must be set to Subject in order to behave as a subject;
Did you clear all caches (Joomla and browser)?

Can you please create a full backup and provide administrator access, so I can take a look?

Best regards,

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #12212 by Chantal
Ok, changed field type to subject, cleared cache in Joomla and I.E. (Interesting point, by the way, becuase I changed the favicon to a flower but it still shows the old in I.E. for days no. In Mozilla Firefox it shows the new one, but not the correct subjet either).

schlatters.ch

Thank you very much!

Chantal

11 years 8 months ago #12214 by douglas
Dear Chantal,

Both your contacts are assigned to the "Allgemein" category and the subject custom field with the select list is assigned to the "Mittagstisch" category. I have added the same values to the Subject in the "Allgemein" and it is working;

PS: I've removed your password from the post. next time for security purposes please send using the Support -> Contact form; Also, please change your password;

Best wishes,

11 years 8 months ago #12216 by Chantal
Dear Douglas,

ok, entirely my fault. I asigned the contacts the wrong way. And I was confused about subject and a separate multiple choise input field area. Now I got it all together. Thank you very much. Your support is simply the best!

Chantal