Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

No changes are made in CE despite "successfully saved"

11 years 7 months ago #12263 by killerqueen
Very new to web design and I'm having some trouble with CE. Douglas you were kind enough to help me with the install today, thank you.

I imported the contacts and categories from the Jommla core - that worked and I see the contact inside of CE.

The problem is every change I make - example - Google maps and icaptcha - does not change on the contact page even when Joomla tells me it was saved successfully. If I make a change in the regular section of Joomla's contact form it saves without issue and updates the front end.. But when I open CE and work on the contact form it will show all the changes on the backend, but does nothing on the front end of the site.

Can anyone tell me in the simplest of terms what I'm doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #12266 by douglas
Dear killerqueen,

Keep in mind that Contact Enhanced does not uses Joomla core contacts component, therefore you have to create a new menu item for Contact Enhanced; Have you done that? You will have to select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation. For example, if a Menu is called "Main Menu", select Menus → Main Menu. Then Click on the "New" button and select Contact Enhanced → Single Contact, select a contact and save the menu item;

Did you read this article?
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...ng-started/101-cheatsheet.html

Did you clear all caches (Joomla, Template (if any) and browser)?
Select Site → Maintenance → Clear Cache from the drop-down menus, then select all Cache groups and delete them;

All the best,

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #12277 by killerqueen
My mistake, thanks! I was under the impression that I could edit the Joomla contact already created once I saw it inside of the contact in CE. I have created a new contact within CE and have no problems now.

While I have you - The feedback form that loads automatically after install;
On the cheat sheet it mentions you can configure it from - select - "system - Cefeedback"
I'm just not sure where/what you mean by "system" I can't seam to locate any part of the form or a tab that reads "system" so I can't find where to do the editing.

11 years 7 months ago #12278 by douglas
Dear killerqueen,

The CE Feedback is a Plugin; There are many plugin types in Joomla and this plugin is a System plugin;
Please go to Extensions -> Plugin Manager, search for Feedback, then you can edit it's Options/Parameters;

You can read more about it here:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...hanced/plugin-ce-feedback.html

Best regards,