Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Support Multiple Emails

14 years 9 months ago #541 by jradxl
Hi,
As requested in your reply to my pre-sales inquiry, please would you add the new feature to have the Users enquiry to send to multiple email addresses.

Many thanks
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #552 by douglas
Dear John,

I've added this feature. All you have to do is type the emails separated by coma in the Contact email field and do NOT link to a user.

Regards,

14 years 9 months ago #553 by jradxl
Hello Douglas,
So quick... Even before I had the chance to reply to your kind offer of a custom version.
Thanks so much.
I've made a purchase (honestly, before I knew you'd done it !!)
and you can see my attempt at configuring up at www dot hogarth-singers dot org
using option Contact Us 3. By the way I'm using in conjunction with Community ACL.

Nice product. Your pre-sales documentation doesn't do your hard work justice. It's a big enhancement .

Let me know when you issue the updated version, so can download it.

I may be asking a bit too much here, but here goes:
(1) When the User is logged in, it would be nice if the Name and Email fields were readonly. But of course ReadWrite when it is a public user.
(2) If you look at my site, (Contact Us 3) I was thinking of different emails for each of the Items in the SelectList - I realise I can do that another way now I've seen the product.

Thank you very much.
I'll send you a free ticket for our next concert.
Joinville looks a nice city, but it's a bit far away.

Cheers
John

14 years 9 months ago #554 by douglas
Dear John,

You're welcome! I do my best to provide the support possible.

1- I've already sent you the files to accomplish the readonly feature. I will add that as an option for the next version.
2- I didn't understand what is exactly that need. If you want to setup different destinations for the contact form you will have to create different Contacts. I'm improving my extensions on a daily basis and I'll study a way to add this feature in future releases.

Joinville is a bit far from London, but my sister and I are planning to go to Europe next summer and she loves music. She sings in our church every other Saturday.

Regards,

14 years 9 months ago #567 by stefwilliams
I'd also like something similar, but ideally linked to Categories, so all members of a category get emailed, as opposed to having to set up a single contact with multiple emails.

The current method does seem to work, but I think it would be neater if contacts were single individuals, and categories were collections of related inidviduals who could be contacted as a group.

Of course, contacts should also be able to belong to multiple categories, but this seems to be possible at present anyway.

Hope this makes sense.

Stef

14 years 9 months ago #568 by jradxl
Stef has an interesting point.

But maybe another way of implementing the mutliple emails, is to allow a Contact to be attached to one or more Joomla Users using a selection list. This would ensure the system administrators only had one place to maintain email addresses in the back end. And if the User (to which the Contact Form email is sent) does update their email address a manual update of the email within the Contact will not be required.

Still very pleased with Douglas's component, and his excellent support.

Regards
John

14 years 9 months ago #569 by jradxl
I thought I'd just try an explain my point 2 from an eariler post.

When I was first looking for a Contact Form, I just assumed the User would select a Menu Item and get directed immediately to the Form itself.

Since I want the User to send contacts to different departments, such as Sales, Support, Accounts, I expected to need a Selection List. The User would write their text, select the destination and send the contact. That means the email addresses need to be attached to the entries in the Selection list.
It's a simple approach that I have had to use myself on websites where I have made purchases.

The Joomla Contact component and Douglas's offer a feature the other way round. Links are provided for the who you want to contact first, then the Form opens. This way round is done so that more contact info, such as phone, address etc, can be shown to user.

So, I'm happy to change my mind and use this second approach. Perhaps it's a little clearer for the Users too.

Thanks all,