Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Is it possible to rearrange the form layout?

14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #662 by ranja
Now it looks something like this:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #663 by ranja
And I'd like it to look something like this:

Now I wonder if that is possible??
Attachments:

14 years 9 months ago #669 by douglas
Dear Ranja,

Right now it is not possible to have two columns. I'm studying a to implement this feature in future versions.

I'm moving this thread to the Feature request forum, so I'll take a look at it next time I'll start working on a new version.

Regards,

14 years 9 months ago #703 by ranja
Ok. Thanks!

14 years 8 months ago #975 by SuzanneL
Hi, if I might make a suggestion -- I've used poMMo open source newsletter manager in the past, which lets you define custom fields, then spits out a plain html (but working) subscription page. The instructions given are to view/copy the source code of the page , modify it how you like, and then embed it into your web site. Integrating poMMo's contact data with my Joomla site is problematic (I'd need Jix or something), and poMMo has a limit of about 35 custom fields, whereas I need 50 or 60 to start with, so I came to Contact Enhanced.

What I'm considering doing, because I need several columns, not just two for that many fields, is to take the html source code for the Contact Enhanced form, arrange it how I'd like it as a separate html page, and then put a Joomla wrapper around it.

Perhaps all you need to do is spit out the html for us to copy/paste into a Joomla article, and we can use the html editor in the article editor to arrange the fields....

In fact, I'll probably do that myself, anyway :silly:

Suzanne.

14 years 7 months ago #984 by douglas
Dear Suzanne,

Contact Enhanced is very integrated into Joomla Framework and for security reasons it will not work if you just export the custom fields to a html page.

Right now you cannot rearrange the fields but this feature will be available in future versions.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1037 by nkdarn
I would like to see this feature implemented as well. On a form I have there are 12 text boxes, this becomes very long, the user has to scroll down the page and aesthetically it is not very pleasing.

Also please look into allowing the size of the drop down boxes. For example I have a state drop down, but it is the same size as the other items, even though i only need space for 2 letters.

14 years 7 months ago #1039 by douglas
Dear Aaron,

I've been studying this posssibility and I noticed that this will require a major rewrite on some files.
It will take another 1 or 2 versions until I get this done.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1044 by nkdarn
ok, well as long as it is in the works i guess. any resolutions on the captcha issue i am having?

ideal.fok.com.br/component/opt...,4/catid,12/func,view/id,1026/

13 years 5 months ago #4348 by ginjg
would love to see the 2 column form layout available sometime soon.

13 years 5 months ago #4349 by douglas
Dear ginjg,

It has been available for quite some time now! ;-)

Please watch this screencast:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...-fields/78-basic-features.html

Best regards,

13 years 5 months ago #4353 by ginjg
See, that's what I get for not WTFV when I install an update.
Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm off to reconfigure some contact forms