Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Extra Fields - Language File

12 years 7 months ago #8359 by momentis
Douglas,

When using Extra Fields in the Joomla 1.7 version of CE, what language string(s) do I need to include for the front-end contact to display the field name? I cannot locate it in the en-GB.com_contactenhanced.ini file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #8360 by douglas
Dear Rick,

In CE for Joomla 1.6+ there is no label for the Extra Field, some users were having a hard time to remove or change it.
If you can either add it to the [Path to Joomla]/components/com_contactenhanced/views/contact/tmpl/default_extrafields.php OR add an image with the label using the CSS rule span.contact-extrafield-1.

Best regards,

12 years 7 months ago #8362 by momentis
Wow, that seems like a step backwards. I think I will go the route of changing the view.

12 years 7 months ago #8363 by momentis
BTW - That was not meant as a knock on you!! Sorry if it sounded that way!

12 years 6 months ago #8380 by douglas
Dear Rick,

I have to think of a way to make that easy to change, but without making a new parameter.
Some people are complaining about the amount of parameters in Contact Enhanced, making it hard to configure.

What's your opinion on that ?

Best wishes,

12 years 6 months ago #8399 by momentis
I am one that does NOT mind lots of parameters. Give me control from the Admin panel, without having to touch a language file or PHP file, and I am happy! In fact, I would love it if each field (including the standard fields) had two options: one to display the field and one to display the field title. By default, of course, the title would not be displayed if the field was not. In fact, a third option for each would be great - the field title itself.

I am attaching a CRUDE image to show you what I mean!

I realize that this could open up a HUGE can of worms when it comes to creating menu items, assuming you want to provide display control at that point. I would suggest not assigning too much control at the menu-creation point. That's just my opinion, of course. When it comes to something like contact display, I usually want the formatting to be consistent across my site. All I need are the options to choose a category or, say, sort order at the time of menu creation.

I hope this is making sense!!! I am trying my best to explain.

One thing that I would LOVE to see, more than anything else, out of CE - multiple categorization of contacts. That would be a HUGE benefit to me.

Thanks for listening!
Rick
Attachments:

12 years 6 months ago #8407 by douglas
Dear Rick,

I'll keep your suggestions in mind, but I don't promise they will be implemented anytime soon, because they require a lot of changes in the code.

Thanks for your time and detailed description of the features.

All the best,

12 years 6 months ago #8416 by momentis
I figured it was far too involved, but I thought I would throw it out anyway!

Rick