Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Emails not getting sent

14 years 4 months ago #1587 by Dalrymple
Hi,

First of all can I say what a well put together extension in terms of ease of setting up.

However, when my form is filled in and submitted, all that happens is I get a 'rotating loading up' type symbol and nothing happens. No emails get sent and the symbol stays there – rotating – until I refresh the screen.

Any ideas on what might be happening here?

Regards
Jon

:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #1588 by douglas
Dear Jon,

Can you please post your website URL so I can take a look at it?

There are two possible reasons:

1. Your template or another script is preventing MooTools from loading;
2. There is a javascript incompatibility;

Ajax Contact uses MooTools to validate the form and to perform the AJAX calls;

MooTools is the Joomla default javascript library, therefore most templates use MooTools for their fancy things such as menus and slideshows; Your template or other extensions (modules, plugins, components) shouldn't use another javascript library other than MooTools, however if it does use another library such as JQuery it might be incompatible with many MooTools based scripts;

Solution:
Disable the extension that is loading this other javascript library.

Advice:
Always choose extensions that are 100% compatible with Joomla Framework;

Regards,

14 years 4 months ago #1589 by Dalrymple
Hi, and thanks for your speedy reply.

I had the same idea as I am using a few things on my site such as swMenuPro, Modalizer and a Google maps script.

However, having turned all these off, and checked the source code of the page, the form will still not send. The only scripts that are now being called are for Ajax Contact, MooTools and one called caption.js which I believe is core to Joomla.

Here's a link to the site where the form is installed. Its actually a test site for my live site, i.e I get everything working here first before reflecting the changes in my actual site.

I've turned off all the modules and plug-ins mentioned above except Ajax Contact so looks a bit bare plus no menus at the moment which usually run below (see actual site with out "s92009_new" in address) so the only way to access the page is via this link.

www.studio9scotland.com/s92009...nt&view=article&id=4&Itemid=25

Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks for your help with this.

Regards
Jon

ps. The main site currently has another form set up which is what I'm trying to replace as its just to complicated on the back end from my needs and I can't get it to work either – although its an entirely different issue. So please ignore it.

14 years 4 months ago #1590 by douglas
Dear Jon,

You were getting a 406 Not acceptable error on this page:
www.studio9scotland.com/s92009...x_contact/ajax.php?var=test%25

I've changed the way Ajax Contact does it's Ajax calls and now it should work. Please download the latest version, which fixes this issue;
ideal.fok.com.br/purchase-download.html

Regards,

14 years 4 months ago #1591 by Dalrymple
Hi, and thanks again for looking at this so quickly.

I downloaded the file by following your link but it looks like the same file I originally downloaded?

I tried it anyway and it didn't work so I think it is the original file or am I being a bit stupid about something here? :unsure:

Regards
Jon

14 years 4 months ago #1592 by douglas
Dear Jon,

I'm so sorry. I had forgotten to upload the new package to the server. :(

Now it is there! :)

Kind regards,

14 years 4 months ago #1593 by Dalrymple
Hi,

Thank you so much for fixing this so quickly. I downloaded the new file, installed it and its all working fine now. I can also confirm that it also works fine with all the other extensions I mentioned earlier in this thread.

For anyone reading this, I would like to give a 'two thumbs up' recommendation for this module and I will also be posting a 5 star rating on the Joomla extensions site.

Regards
Jon
:)

(Now let's see what other extension are here.)

14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #1594 by douglas
Dear Jon,

I'm glad you got this working! :)

If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

14 years 4 months ago #1618 by Lenn
Hi there,

I've got the same problem, but the fix didn't help.

Admin, can you please contact me with your e-mail?

14 years 4 months ago #1619 by douglas
Dear Lenn,

If you want to communicate in private please contact me using the support form:
Access the menu item: Support -> Email Support Questions

Kind regards.