Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Emails not sent nor received

14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #1601 by polixenes
I have purchased AjaxContact module, installed it and enabled it in position "left".
The modul shows well. When I send the data, "thank you and message sent" screen appears, but I receive no email as admin of the page nor as sendee if I check the "send me a copy button".

my wp: www.rc-hobi.com
Please help.
Poli

When mootools is off with mootools control I get copy of mail. Admin gets no email and report for sent message is displayed on new page as plain text.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #1602 by douglas
Dear Poli,

That's odd, everything seems to be correct.

Is Joomla core Contact component working?

Can you disable the Ajax feature in the Module Parameters?

Kind regards,

14 years 4 months ago #1610 by polixenes
HI,

Thanx for the answer. I've tried to disable ajax feature. Now I get blank screen after mail sent and I receive mails as admin an as user. I don't like the blank screen thou.

rgds,
poli

14 years 4 months ago #1612 by douglas
Dear Poli,

Please set the "Custom Redirect" parameter.

Kind regards

14 years 4 months ago #1614 by polixenes
Should that be the homepage? User will not receive the thank you message? Should I then redirect to a "thank you article"?

Rgds

14 years 4 months ago #1615 by douglas
Dear Poli,

You can redirect to any page!
The user will get a thank you message as long as your template displays system messages.

Regards,

14 years 4 months ago #1616 by polixenes
Thank you for your help.
Redirect now works. Emails work. But I am still interested in default option with ajax.
What should I try to do? This module is fantastic. It's just that I'm not much of a coder to figure out what is wrong in my case.

Second Q.: What file should I edit to translate "insert name" and other fields?
I have edited en-GB.mod_ajax_contact.ini file, replaced the original, but language still stayed unchanged?
Is there any othe lang. file?

Thanks and regards

14 years 4 months ago #1617 by douglas
Dear Poli,

1- You are loading the JQuery library. There might be an incompatibility issue with MooTools. Please read the last FAQ item here: ideal.fok.com.br/component/opt...Itemid,36/id,10/view,category/

2- Have you renamed the file to your language as well?
Language definition files for front-end templates are stored in
[path-to-Joomla]/language/[ln-LN]
Where [ln-LN] is the language code. Language codes are defined in RFC3066[1] The file must be named
[ln-LN].mod_ajax_contact.ini

[1] - tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3066

Did you clean your browser and Joomla cache?

Kind regards,