Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Email not sent

14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #1742 by loosenuts
I read the other email not sent post but still not getting any email.
Purchased AjaxContact module, installed it and enabled it in position "left".
The modul shows well. When I send the data, "thank you and message sent" screen appears, but I receive no email as admin of the page nor as sendee if I check the "send me a copy button".

the site is azcarehome.com

Also I was expecting the look of the form to be like your sample but my just look very basic?

Thanks,
Louie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #1747 by douglas
Dear Louie,

Is the core contact component sending emails?
How is set your mail configurations?

Regards,

14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #1753 by loosenuts
If you mean if i can send emails to other users? yes.

Are you referring to global config. mail settings?
[
Attachments:

14 years 3 months ago #1754 by douglas
Dear Louie,

Can you provide an administrator account so I can do some testings?

Send the account details using the "Support -> Email support questions" form.

Best regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1755 by loosenuts
Just sent.

14 years 3 months ago #1763 by loosenuts
OK... I have a godaddy hosting and email this is what I did to solve this issue.

Changes to Contact form are to: "{Joomla! Install Directory}/components/com_contact/controller.php"

jwatts wrote:

On line 162, it sets the sender:
Code:
$mail->setSender( array( $email, $name ) );

I changed that line to this:
Code:
$mail->setSender( array( $MailFrom, $FromName ) );

Changes to 'Mail to' form (using mail icon from within an article) are to: "[Joomla! Install Directory}\components\com_mailto\controller.php".

jwatts wrote:

On line 153, it sets the sender:
Code:
if ( JUtility::sendMail($from, $sender, $email, $subject, $body) !== true )

I changed that line to this:
Code:
if ( JUtility::sendMail($mainframe->getCfg('mailfrom'), $mainframe->getCfg('fromname'), $email, $subject, $body) !== true )

And there you have it Sir... PS.... Server Configuaration should remain: (where 'name@domain.com' is your email@domain_on_goDaddy.com, and 'Name' is the name of the email account you are using!)

/* Mail Settings */
var $mailer = 'SMTP server';
var $mailfrom = 'name@domain.com';
var $fromname = 'Name';
var $sendmail = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';
var $smtpauth = '0';
var $smtpuser = '';
var $smtppass = '';
var $smtphost = 'relay-hosting.secureserver.net';

And the link to the post: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1952579