Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Emails not sending

14 years 3 months ago #1852 by douglas
Dear David,

Your server is running an old version of PHP, which does not have JSON support ;

Can you please ask your web hosting provider to either install the latest version of PHP or the PECL JSON package?
In order to increase security and performance I always suggest to run the latest PHP version available ( 5.2.12 ), however if your web host provider neglects to install the latest version they can easily install the PECL JSON package ;

If they do not know how to install they can read about it here: php.net/manual/en/install.pecl.php
It is not hard to do and your server will be able to handle JSON requests;

Kind regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #1856 by dwolff
i prefer upgrading php. it is an own machine, so i can do that.
but i can not find a tutorial how to update php.
can you help?

14 years 3 months ago #1857 by douglas
Dear David,

Well, it all depends which Operating System your server is running;
I'm not a system/server administrator therefore every time I need to update my Ubuntu server I have to search on Google.

Best regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1863 by dwolff
ok, i removed mootools loading by the template. the contactform still doesnt work. right now i run an update of php.
i will get back soon ;)

14 years 3 months ago #1874 by dwolff
php 5.2.12 is inastalled.
but now after sending a message there is an error " wrong validation code"

14 years 3 months ago #1875 by douglas
Dear David,

I just sent you a possible fix by email. Please let me know if it fixes this issue;

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1876 by dwolff
well done ;)
thank you.

14 years 3 months ago #1877 by douglas
Dear David,

I'm glad it is working! :-)

I'm planing to release this update tomorrow, so if you find any other problem with it, please let me know;

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #1909 by shaz915
Hi,

I just purchased the Ajax Contact module, and installed it on my test server. Everything worked great! Then, when I installed it on my live server and enabled it, it won't send the emails, and just sits on the spinning graphic.

the live site is: cxc-canada.ca. I've currently got the module disabled, but I can enable it at a moment's notice.

As far as I can tell, the settings on both of my servers are the same, so not sure what the issue is.

ETA: Just discovered it is sending the emails, but the form contents are not being included. Weird!

Here's what the email looks like:

From: cxccan@p3nlh214.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net [cxccan@p3nlh214.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 6:48 PM
To: [address deleted]
Subject:

----User Info----
IP Address: 76.166.243.206
Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.5.7
Operating System: Mac OS X
Screen Resolution:
Last page viewed:

Thanks,
Sharon.

14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #1910 by douglas
Dear Sharon,

Can you provide a direct URL so I can take a look at it?
--
Also, which version of Ajax Contact are you using?
If you are not running the latest version, please download it again;

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1914 by shaz915
Hi,

I've set it up so the module only appears on this page: www.cxc-canada.ca/recommend-us.html

I only just purchased the file yesterday, so hopefully it's the latest version - 1.5.6.7

Thanks for the help!

14 years 3 months ago #1915 by douglas
Dear Sharon,

I've made some changes.
Please follow the instructions on this page and download the latest version;

I'll explain what it was happening:
I noticed that Firefox was throwing this error (Access to restricted URI denied" code: "1012), and then, after some research, I found out that some server configurations forbid Ajax calls to get data from other sites and your server was interpreting that Ajax Contact was attempting to get data from another site;

For now you just have to install the latest version and enter www.cxc-canada.ca in the last module parameter called "Site Domain";

I'll work on a clever solution for the next version;

Kind regards,