Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Emails not sending

14 years 3 months ago #1790 by elmasphx
I just discovered and purchased your module and love the ease with setting it up.

My challenge is that after filling out the form and hitting submit, it gives me a twirling circle but does not send the email. I have searched the forum and have found a couple of instances of people's emails not going through. It talks about a Mootools conflict but Ajax contact is the only module I have installed at this point. I know if that is not the problem, you request the link, so here it is.

www.placememed.com/index.php/component/content/article/46

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #1793 by douglas
Dear Elmas,

I've just sent you a file that it is supposed to fix it.

Please let me know whether it fixes this issue or not.

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1796 by elmasphx
Replaced the file with the new one. Still does not work. Tryed it in IE and Firefox. Any other ideas?

14 years 3 months ago #1841 by elmasphx
Hey Douglas, I was out of the loop with computer probs. It is working great now. The PHP update went through and it works great now. Thanks for your help,

Elmas

14 years 3 months ago #1843 by dwolff
i got the same problem here:
www.opti-lays.com/kontakt.html

14 years 3 months ago #1844 by dwolff
hi,
if i filled out the contact form and press the send button, the ie shows an error message like this:

Details zum Fehler auf der Webseite

Benutzer-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2)
Zeitstempel: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:03:01 UTC

Meldung: Syntaxfehler
Zeile: 5449
Zeichen: 3
Code: 0
URI: www.opti-lays.com/templates/ja...us/ja_cssmenu/mootools.v1.1.js

Meldung: Syntaxfehler
Zeile: 5449
Zeichen: 3
Code: 0
URI: www.opti-lays.com/templates/ja...us/ja_cssmenu/mootools.v1.1.js

there is no ajax error message or a meesage that confirms the message. the email get not sent.

14 years 3 months ago #1845 by douglas
Dear David,

It looks like you template is loading it's own version of MooTools.
Can you disable that and load Joomla's default mootools file?

Kind regards

14 years 3 months ago #1846 by dwolff
i will try. but i am a joomla newbie. can you please tell me how to do that?

14 years 3 months ago #1847 by douglas
Dear David,

It really depends on your template options; I see you are using an old JoomlArt template, released in 2007; This template was first released for Joomla 1.0, and I believe that's the reason they've included the mootools the way it is now.
JoomlArt developers have improved a lot and the templates released from 2009 and on are great;

In the template's index.php you should see this line:
<script src="/templates/ja_mageia/ja_menus/ja_cssmenu/mootools.v1.1.js" type="text/javascript" language="javascript"/>
Just remove it and test to see if there the rest of the page works correct;

Regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1848 by dwolff
i will try it but that is not the reason. i have a mirror on my local machine. it works with apache. it doesnt send but the ajax with the message after sending a mail works fine.

14 years 3 months ago #1850 by douglas
Dear David,

If the mirror is working then this is not the problem. But you should remove it anyway, because you are loading MooTools twice;

Which PHP version do you have installed on your server?

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #1851 by dwolff
ok, but if i open the index.php i dont find the words

i have php 5.1.6 installed.