Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Error module ajax contact

14 years 2 months ago #1956 by mikhaelm
Hi,
Error module Ajax Contact 1.5.6.9 in template Epic Pro v 2.0 for J1.5.15:

Note: It is assumed the existence of the object
Row: 25
Symbol: 139
Code: 0
URI-code: http://localhost/media/system/js/mootools.js

View template in IE 8 html-source:
25 <script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>

Row: 59
Symbol: 102
Code: 0
URI-code: http://localhost/media/system/js/mootools.js

View template in IE 8 html-source:
59 }
60 $(log_res).removeClass('ajax-loading');
61 $(log_res).setHTML(response.msg);
62 $(log_res).setStyle('display', 'block');
63 }

how to fix it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #1957 by douglas
Dear Mikhael,

All those 3 methods are included in MooTools 1.11 core Element, therefore it should work;

Can you upload your site to a webserver so I can take a look at it?
It is very hard to debug when the site is not published;

Kind regards,

14 years 2 months ago #1958 by mikhaelm

14 years 2 months ago #1959 by douglas
Dear Mikhael,

Ajax Contact uses MooTools to validate the form and to perform the AJAX calls;

MooTools is the Joomla default javascript library, therefore most templates use MooTools for their fancy things such as menus and slideshows; Your template or other extensions (modules, plugins, components) shouldn't use another javascript library other than MooTools, however if it does use another library such as JQuery it might be incompatible with many MooTools based scripts;

Solution:
Disable the extension that is loading this other javascript library:
aquaclub.kraslan.ru/components...ty/assets/jquery-1.3.2.pack.js

I don't have a big experience with JQuery but I made a quick search and I found this:
docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries

Is that a paid extension? You might want to ask the developer to make it compatible with MooTools using the script mentioned above or writing the extension using MooTools, the default javascript library for Joomla.

Advice:
Always choose extensions that are 100% compatible with Joomla Framework;

Kind regards,

14 years 2 months ago #1960 by mikhaelm
Hi,
I use one at some frameworks as jquery, and mootools, but causes an error only your module, can I fix this without disabling other components?

Best regards

14 years 2 months ago #1961 by douglas
Dear Mikhael,

It seems that JQuery is overriding the $ object/method defined by MooTools, that's the reason why IE8 is telling us that "Object does not support this property or method"; In other words, there is no way to make MooTools and JQuery when the MooTools script requires those methods without applying some changes;

The only way to run both extensions at the same time is by calling jQuery.noConflict() at any point after jQuery and applying the necessary changes to the JQuery code as explained here:
docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries

I suggest you to contact com_community developers to make those changes, then you won't have any future problem with any other script;
It is an easy change, com_community developers should not have any problems to accomplish those changes;

Kind regards,

14 years 2 months ago #1962 by mikhaelm
Hi,

These changes have been made otherwise I would not work slideshow which loaded in header (mootools). Even when turned off Jomsocial, error does not go away.

Best regards

14 years 2 months ago #1963 by douglas
Dear Mikhael,

You site is now password protected, therefore I cannot take a closer look.

Can you either provide an administrator account or set it to Online?

Regards,

14 years 2 months ago #1964 by mikhaelm
Hi,
site online

14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #1965 by mikhaelm
Error found in J1.5.15 using mootools 1.12, instead of mootools 1.11 changed the function in the file helper.php and the error gone :)

14 years 2 months ago #1966 by douglas
Dear Mikhael,

We better keep the conversation in English.

It seemss that the slideshow is not using the MooTools $ method.
Your website is offline again;

Regards,

14 years 2 months ago #1987 by douglas
Dear Mikhael,

I'm glad you got it working.
Just so it is documented, what function exactly did you change?

Kind regards,