Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Message Box Scrolls up when Typing in it.

14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #2351 by doc
Hello

I have installed the latest version of Ajax Contact. When I type enough in the message box for the scroll bar to appear, the scroll bar will jump up to the middle each time a letter is typed in.

Please have a look at it on my computer repairs site , this seems to affect IE8 but Firefox and IE6 seem to be unaffected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #2354 by douglas
Dear Nicholas,

I've tested with IE6, IE7, IE8, Firefox, Opera and Chrome. I only noticed the problem when using IE6;

In the module parameters can you please set Characters limit to 0 for testing purposes only?

Just a curiosity: IE6 market share is less than 10% according to www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Best regards,

14 years 1 month ago #2355 by doc
Thanks for the response.
Its definitely a problem, I just tested it with different computer running XP and IE8 (I'm running Win7) and the same thing happens, the box scroller jumps up and down when you type. I can confirm this isnt a problem if I set the Character limit to 0.

Paste into the box a bunch of text to get a scroller and contunue typing with IE8

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed pellentesque imperdiet lacus quis semper. Etiam ultrices velit eu tellus bibendum mollis consectetur purus pretium. Phasellus diam velit, tincidunt at suscipit quis, rutrum eget tortor. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Nunc hendrerit quam iaculis est volutpat tempus. Maecenas risus dolor, tincidunt nec ultrices quis, condimentum eu nibh. Aliquam sit amet odio auctor arcu consectetur laoreet a semper libero. Aliquam nec mauris id est tempor euismod. Curabitur sit amet ligula mauris. Nam quis mauris mi, ut laoreet neque. Nulla ultrices quam orci, quis tempus libero.

Vestibulum diam dolor, sagittis id tristique in, dapibus id urna. Donec fringilla sapien a sapien suscipit eget blandit ante commodo. Vestibulum est nibh, porta eget scelerisque sit amet, ornare a metus. Etiam eget tincidunt sapien. Maecenas urna nibh, pretium et ullamcorper a, congue quis metus. Nulla ullamcorper gravida nulla in pretium. Suspendisse porta molestie varius. Pellentesque sit amet lacus sed nibh accumsan laoreet in interdum orci. Cras adipiscing volutpat vehicula. Phasellus consectetur orci vitae diam auctor eget dapibus ligula mollis. Nulla quis sem lorem. Maecenas gravida ornare nunc, mattis tempus nibh tristique vel. Donec erat leo, congue sit amet dictum.

14 years 1 month ago #2356 by douglas
Dear Nicholas,

When you set Character limit to 0 it means that there is no limit actually therefore it does not add the onkeyup event to the box.
There are a lot of strange things happening there:
- The error is triggered on keydown instead of on keyup
- The same thing happens if I type something in other boxes (name and email for example) and there is no event attached to those boxes;

I've also tested the form on my site again and it is working, therefore I must say that it is something related to the extensions that you have installed.

Said that I started to investigate what could be causing this issue and found out that your template adds 12207bytes of Javascript code when it is loaded using a IE browser; something in that script might be causing this issue; Can you disable that for testing purposes?

Kind regards,

14 years 1 month ago #2357 by doc
I decided to do a basic fresh install of joomla instead of fiddling with my live site yet. I installed ajax contact only. The problem seems to occur when the input box is a certain width check out the two contact forms on my test site the narrow contact form (like on your own site) doesnt have the problem.

14 years 1 month ago #2358 by douglas
Dear Nicholas,

You found the issue!
For now, please deactivate the Character limit setting it to 0 and I'll work to provide a solution.

Kind regards,

14 years 1 month ago #2430 by doc
Hi

I forgot to add that the form fails to validate at w3.org. Using that test site I made above with the two forms, each form comes up with 15 errors or so.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Farcadecabinet.info%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D1%26Itemid%3D2&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.767

14 years 1 month ago #2441 by douglas
Dear Nicholas,

I'm sorry about the delay. I've work most of the afternoon looking for a solution, but the same thing happens on IE no matter what I do.

It seems to work if I disable the counter (xxx remaining chars). There are two possible workarounds:
1- Create 2 javascripts, one for IE and another for all other browsers, which I don't like to do because it is just harder to maintain;
2- Since it only happens when the module is displayed inside an article and most customers do not use like this, I could disable the counter when displaying in IE. The char limit feature will still work and the user will be notified when he reaches the limit of chars allowed . Will that work for you?

Once I get that working I'll work on the validation issue;

Regards,

14 years 1 month ago #2442 by doc
Dont worry about the delay. Perhaps just disable the counter then for IE.

Regards

Nick

14 years 1 month ago #2447 by douglas
Dear Nick,

I've already repacked the new version. Please provide the email address used in your PayPal purchase or a transaction ID using the Support -> Contact form; so I can send it to you;

Kind regards,