Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Not sending

13 years 7 months ago #3811 by matthewnewton27
HI there,

I just realised my email form hasn't been sending for at least a week. It was working 100% for a few months and not sure why it stopped. I think I remember doing some upgrade? Everything looks fine on the front end and don't know what has changed on the back end?

www.newtoneentertainment.com.au/contact-us

Cheers,
Matthew.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #3812 by douglas
Dear Matthew,

As you said everything seems to be working correctly on the front-end.

Some mail servers require that unauthenticated emails must be sent from an email address @your-domain.com < your-domain.com/ > .

I always recommend to set the mailer to SMTP in the Joomla Global configuration. This will avoid many mail problems with unauthenticated emails. Some email programs sends unauthenticated emails directly to the SPAM folder, so your users will never get it.
Go to Global Configuration and set these options below accordingly to your server. If you are unsure how to do it, please contact your web host provider and he will be able to give you these informations.
Mailer: SMTP Server
SMTP Authentication:
SMTP Security:
SMTP Port:
SMTP Username:
SMTP Password:
SMTP Host:

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

13 years 7 months ago #3813 by matthewnewton27
Thanks for that I have asked my server guy for that info.

Weird thing is it was working fine up to about 2 weeks ago. I think I updated the version of the contact module?? Does that sound right? I'm not sure but something has been done that has made it stopped working..

All I have done lately is update SEF404 and update content..

13 years 7 months ago #3814 by douglas
Dear Matthew,

This does not seem to be related to software (Joomla Extensions), because it is sending the copy message. I believe the web hosting has either updated the mail server or changed it's configuration.

Sincere regards,

13 years 7 months ago #3928 by matthewnewton27
Hello,

I am in contact with my web host and they say:

Hi,

I've already checked your SMTP settings and they are correctly set, the issue is not at our end as
the message is leaving our system and being accepted by google according to our logs

Regards,
Matt Harlum

The issue is that even when I send a email and put a "send me a copy" I don't receive the copy. I've tried changing the recipient to a email not even on my gmail domain (newtoneentertainment.com.au) so I'm a bit lost.

Any help would be appreciated!

13 years 7 months ago #3929 by douglas
Dear Matthew,

That's odd...
I've just submitted the form and I got the copy message. I just replied to it so you could see it working.

Can you try again?

Best regards,

13 years 7 months ago #3930 by matthewnewton27
Hi Douglas!

Seems I have worked out the problem with gmail spam.

I changed the subject of the message to "Website Enquirey" but realise now it is catching messages with that static subject. I have changed it back to the unique subject with the % parameters to help bypass the spam filters.. We will see how it goes! I had the mail go to a secondary email account and forward which was hard to track but I've now just got it running straight to my personal inbox so I can keep track easier.

Thanks for your help :)

13 years 7 months ago #3931 by douglas
Dear Matthew,

I'm glad you found out the issue. Specially because it was not due to an Ajax Contact malfunction. ;-)

All the best,