Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Form wont send, Mootools error but no library conflict?

13 years 2 weeks ago #6101 by frobak
Hi

Im getting the spinning wheel only when trying to send email. I'm not using jquery or any other library i dont think, or that im aware of.

Im getting this error from IE (yellow triangle warning, bottom bar ):

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; CPDTDF; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:03:42 UTC

Line: 80
Char: 52
Code: 0
URI: mkfasciasandguttering.com/site/media/system/js/mootools.js

link above!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #6102 by douglas
Dear Allan,

I'm not sure what the problem is exactly.
Can you set the Error Reporting level to Maximum in Global Configuration under the Server tab?

Best regards,

13 years 2 weeks ago #6103 by frobak
Hi

Thanks for your swift response.

I have updated the global config!

Cheers

13 years 2 weeks ago #6104 by douglas
Dear Allan,

That's strange,.. I'm not getting any error or actually anything in the Ajax response. Did you set the error to Maximum?

What's the PHP version installed on your server?

Best regards,

13 years 2 weeks ago #6105 by frobak
Hi Douglas

Yes the error reporting is set to max.

php version 4.4.9

Do you need back end access?

13 years 2 weeks ago #6106 by douglas
Dear Allan,

That's probably the reason.
Ajax Contact uses JSON and requires PHP 5.2 or newer or PECL JSON package < pecl.php.net/json >;

Please read the news published on the PHP.net website:

On July 13, 2004, PHP 5 was released, powered by the new Zend Engine II. PHP 5 included new features such as improved support for object-oriented programming, the PHP Data Objects extension (which defines a lightweight and consistent interface for accessing databases), and numerous performance enhancements.The most recent update released by The PHP Group is for the older PHP version 4 code branch. As of August, 2008 this branch is up to version 4.4.9. PHP4 is no longer under development nor will any security updates be released.

Therefore I advise you to update your php version.
Most hosting service providers have php5 on their servers, you just have to ask them to enable it for you! It is a simple thing to do, and a very easy fix.
If your host cannot upgrade it to PHP5, please ask them to install the PECL JSON package , this package will allow you to use JSON on all your applications.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best wishes,

13 years 2 weeks ago #6107 by frobak
Hi Douglas

Thank you for your help, all i needed to do was upload a .htaccess file to the root and it updated to php 5.2.17 and the form works fine now.

Thanks