Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Mootools error in IE and no email

12 years 10 months ago #6936 by PolishedGeek
Hello,

We've been using the module for a while now. We tested it on our browsers and we only noticed a Javascript error in IE but we are getting the emails so we didn't pursue it. Now, we are getting reports that some customers (they haven't given us their browsers, yet) are getting the spinner but the form never submits.

We are using Ajax Contact: 1.5.8.5.
PHP: 5.2.14

The mootools error we are getting when we submit is:

Line: 1
Char: 2585
Code: 0
URI: polishedgeek.com/plugins/system/mtupgrade/mootools.js

Link to a form on our site: polishedgeek.com/paid-extensio...ation/integration-details.html

Any insight as to what is going wrong would be helpful.

Thanks,
Donald

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #6939 by douglas
Dear Donald,

I've tested in Firefox, Google Chrome and IE9 and all worked fine. Can you ask your customer in which browser the problem occurred?

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago #6947 by PolishedGeek
I think I've picked up on why there might be a problem. I was finally able to reproduce what customers were saying (that it just spins and never submits). On some of the pages, we are using an AJAX based thumbnail popup for our screen shots. If you have been browsing through those, depending upon how quickly afterward you try to use the form, it won't submit. The AJAX spinner just spins and spins and the form doesn't go through. But if you don't click on the thumbnails while visiting the page, and just go to the form, it works perfectly fine. And it's not a consistent thing, it happens only sometimes. I think this is why we had such a problem reproducing it.

We can look into either changing to another contact form, or changing to another thumbnail viewer. But we'd like to keep both. Is there a way to make the contact form check for any running AJAX sessions when the user clicks on submit, and if there are, kill them before submitting? Just a thought. Otherwise, I think one of these extensions will have go, as they don't seem to be playing nicely together on the same page. :(

12 years 10 months ago #6948 by douglas
Dear Donald,

I'm not sure which pages are running this plugin.
Can you please provide a direct link?

It also might be related to jQuery, I noticed your website is loading jQuery as well and I'm not sure if it is calling the noConflict() function. Please read this Contact Enhanced article:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...avascript-incompatibility.html

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago #6950 by PolishedGeek
Here's one:

polishedgeek.com/paid-extensio...erview-a-features-onepage.html

We will look into the JQuery issue as well. Thanks!

12 years 10 months ago #6953 by douglas
Dear Donald,

Actually, this time I don't it is related to jQuery, otherwise it would not work on other browsers as well.

Using IE9 Console (F12) I get this error when I click on the image to load rokbox I get this error:
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'getStyle': object is null or undefined 
overview-a-features-onepage.html, line 1 character 1

Rokbox might not be compatible with MooTools upgrade plugin that you have enabled. Can you contact it's developer to find out?

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago #6954 by PolishedGeek
We'll check into that. Perhaps there is an upgrade available for RokBox that is more compatible. Will let you know. Thanks!

12 years 10 months ago #6973 by PolishedGeek
We upgraded RokBox, but it didn't change anything. The contact form still produces the error about "number expected".

For now, we've disabled the AJAX functionality in your contact form modules. We needed to get the issue fixed quickly since this is a live site, and several customers have complained about it not working. So we're still using the contact form but not with the desired AJAX functionality. We couldn't resolve the error it was causing when AJAX was on. The error goes away when we shut that part of your extension off. Too bad though, since the reason we bought it was for the AJAX capability.

We'll try again later to see if we can resolve it, but for now this is at least better than removing the extension completely.

Thanks for your assistance on this.

12 years 10 months ago #6975 by douglas
Dear Donald,

When you disable the Ajax feature in Ajax Contact you disable almost all Javascript (except for validation), so you should not get any javascript error related to Ajax Contact, but you are still getting the error below:

SCRIPT5022: DOM Exception: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR (5)
mootools.js, line 1 character 21432

Can you try to disable Ajax Contact to see if the error goes away?

Best regards,