Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Re: Some styling Adjustments please

12 years 5 months ago #8748 by Blue Tongue Designs
Hi, just bought the mailer today and have to say so far it is damn great!

I am using it in multiple places in my site, but on this example attached, I need to change the text to black, and get rid of the weird white line showing up?

I have seen examples where you have told people to adjust the modules CSS, but that would be a global change and I just want to change just this instance of the mailer.

Any suggestions to make it look a bit better in there would be great.

Cheers

Neil
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #8749 by Blue Tongue Designs
This is for Ajax Contact, it looks like it posted this maybe in the wrong section, my appologies if I have.

12 years 5 months ago #8750 by Gokk
Hi Blue Tongue Designs,
I've moved your post to "Ajax Contact", can you post a link to your site so we could take a look?
Thanks

12 years 5 months ago #8755 by Blue Tongue Designs
Hi, thanks, sadly the site is on a local test server for now til it is ready to go live. The image I attached to the first post was from the site. Not sure where the weird white line is appearing from in that image though.

Cheers

12 years 5 months ago #8758 by douglas
Dear Blue Tongue Designs,

The line is a container "<div>" for the messages, but it should not display that line. I've just tested on Joomla 1.5 and 1.7 and there should not be any styling for the container (except the font color);
Are you using the latest version?

Anyway, you can use the class suffix to change only the styling for specific modules. Please read these Joomla Documentation articles:
docs.joomla.org/Module_Class_Suffix
docs.joomla.org/Using_Class_Suffixes

@Gokk,
Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #8763 by Blue Tongue Designs
Hi Douglas, thanks for the reply. I only downloaded the mod 2-3 days ago, has it already been updated?

I have attached a screenshot of the code in that area.

I have checked the mods settings, no comment field is turned on at all.

Cheers

Neil

12 years 5 months ago #8764 by Blue Tongue Designs

Code in that area.
Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #8768 by douglas

Are you using Joomla 1.5 OR 1.7?

Best regards,

12 years 5 months ago #8769 by douglas

I've just doubled checked and there is no background not border styling for the message field.
This might be a Template related issue, so you can try to add the following CSS rule to the css file:
#ajaxcontact div.message{background: transparent!important; border:0 !important}

If that doe snot work, I'll only be able to fix that when your site is on a live server;

PS: Are you using Joomla 1.5 OR 1.7?
CSS File:
[Path to Joomla 1.5]/modules/mod_ajax_contact/css/style.css
[Path to Joomla 1.7]/modules/mod_ajaxcontact/css/ajaxcontact.css

Best regards,

12 years 5 months ago #8777 by Blue Tongue Designs
Hi Douglas, 1.72.

I'll look at the css now, however, I use the mod on another "page" with the message box and this looks like it will make it completly transparent there too?

12 years 5 months ago #8778 by douglas
Dear "BTD",

Actually it should ignore it's own styling and will get the background from the parent layer.

Best regards,