Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Captcha not giving error message when filled out incorrectly

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #12514 by beachguy
Hello,

Like the subject says, the Captcha in my form does not give an error message if the wrong validation code is entered in the Captcha field. When the wrong code is entered and the form submitted it WILL generate a new validation code in the box and clear the Captcha field. If the field is left blank when submitted, it WILL give a "This Field Is Required" error message. But without the error message for a wrong code, users may not realize the form was not sent.

The form is here .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #12515 by douglas
Dear beachguy,

Which Joomla and Contact Enhanced version are you using?

Does your template has the System Message implemented?
Please read:
idealextensions.com/joomla-ext...sent-confirmation-message.html

Best regards,

11 years 7 months ago #12518 by beachguy
Hi Douglas,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am using the Full Contact Enhanced version (ordered and downloaded on 9/19/12) for Joomla 2.5. I am not sure of the actual version number for my CE. Possibly 2.5.7 or 2.5.8.

My template is the Rocket Theme Omnicron template and it does have the System Message implemented.

I previously read the same information you sent today. When I first installed Contact Enhanced on my website last week, I was not getting a confirmation message when the form was submitted. Through a search of your forum I found the solution, which was adding the small piece of code to my template and the large section of code to my template's CSS. Once I did that the confirmation message worked. But I don't think the Captcha error message has ever worked.

11 years 7 months ago #12519 by douglas
Dear beachguy,

That's odd...

Please check whether you are using the latest version in Extensions -> Extension Manager, under the Manage tab;

If you are using the latest version, Can you please create a full backup (for safety purposes) and provide an administrator account, so I can take a closer look?

Best regards,

11 years 7 months ago #12520 by beachguy
I am using the latest version, 2.5.8

I created a full back-up and will send you the login information in a separate email.

11 years 6 months ago #12537 by beachguy
Thanks Douglas, for fixing the problem. Enabling the Ajax check for iCaptcha and replacing the securImage.js file at this location [Path to Joomla 2.5]/plugins/system/icaptcha/captcha_systems/securImage/js/securImage.js seems to have done the trick.